Clear, dark skies

I've seen some great naked eye views of Uranus, Mars, and Jupiter the last few weeks on my way to work early or in the early evening.
I should at least pull out the binoculars. thwap0

Moon looked great through my mini binoculars the other night. Freaking bright, but had a great view of some of the craters. I guess it was about 3/4 full.

I wanna try the M81 group from my new place, and also wanna try the Horsehead/Flame region. Those are my two immediate goals. With the Moon though, gonna be some wicked gradients I fear.

you know you will need to provide pictures...the skies should be clear for days :(

A couple of weeks ago there was a great view from my backyard of the crescent moon and Venus and Mars nearby. It was breathtaking. I never get tired of seeing a ~10% crescent waxing moon :thu:

17-1/2 minutes at ISO 1600. (10x60s, 10x30s, 10x15s). No darks, flats, bias, nada. Quick drift, quick focus, blah blah blah. Next time I'll run some 90-120s frames.

It's either been too cold here, or I have been laid up with the flu.

Looking forward to a break from both.

Spring is a great time to observe. No big swath of milky way (unless you stay up all night to greet the summer sky) but tons of galaxies and other treats.

And for now the winter sky is still up in the early evening.

Goin' for round two on the Horse head tonight. Gonna try to do it up proper, too. Spend a little time on drift, a little on focus, and then do darks, flats, and bias too.

So much for that. Got all flustered and didn't drift before I framed and focused. :facepalm:

So I shot Orion instead :tongue: Result tomorrow morn.

Back