Guitar Build 2017!

Check this out. Show Car Glaze, they call this grade.

image.jpg

And that's it for the top.
Still have a little sanding and polishing on the back. Haven't touched the sides at all yet. Maybe by Sunday or so I'll have it all polished.
Assembly next week perhaps?

Beautiful- I like all the subtle color differences- almost like a natural burst effect on the back.

Nah, I strung it up before paint. It sounded fine and I can't imagine the Broadcaster pickups will sound anything other than terrific.

Well, we should know soon enough. I'm going to finish the polish on the sides of the body tonight and probably begin some assembly.
There'll be a fair amount of work to do on the nut yet, as I merely cut the slot but did not cut it to depth. Frankly, I'm not sure yet how I'm going to make that cut. The slot is a narrow Fender slot and I don't have a chisel that will reach down into it. I think I'll start it with a small saw then maybe make a tiny sanding block to finish it.

I'm open to other ideas if anyone has done this particular procedure before.

Well, we should know soon enough. I'm going to finish the polish on the sides of the body tonight and probably begin some assembly.
There'll be a fair amount of work to do on the nut yet, as I merely cut the slot but did not cut it to depth. Frankly, I'm not sure yet how I'm going to make that cut. The slot is a narrow Fender slot and I don't have a chisel that will reach down into it. I think I'll start it with a small saw then maybe make a tiny sanding block to finish it.

I've never done this, so take it with a grain of salt...

I would think a small file would would work better than a saw blade, followed up with a sanding block as you said.

Is it built yet?
Is it built yet?
Is it built yet?
Is it built yet?
Is it built yet?
Is it built yet?
Is it built yet?

A set of nut files?

Looks freaking awesome!

Back