Guitar Build 2017!

Fucking hell. Are you using a sanding block and elbow grease?

Here's the whole kit.

image.jpg

400, 800, 1000, 1500, 2000 grit papers and water with a few drops of soap then 4 grades of liquid polish.
Medium cut
Fine cut
Machine glaze
Mirror glaze

Still working on some touchup on the body but I did manage to get the fretboard cleaned, oiled and polished up last night.

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

The side dots turned out pretty good but I won't use the epoxy method again. It picks up stains too easily and bleeds into the grain around the hole. It works but it's more of a pain than just installing a little rod.

And here are some more little things.
If you recall, I had originally ordered a round chrome jack plate that turned out to be too big.
I switched to a square one I had that was black plastic, which I didn't like.
So, I ordered this square chrome model.
Also there is a set of chrome string retainers just in case the staggered tuners aren't enough by themselves.
I've read some reports of folks needing one for the B and E strings and I figured better safe than sorry.

image.jpg

The temps finally went above HOLY FUCK ITS COLD! to merely chilly. I'm going to do some work.
Since last we spoke about the body, I've been involved in some repairs.
Burn-throughs and debris in the lacquer mostly.
So the sanding went back down to 800 grit. I have the front of the body up to 1000 again and I'm almost done with 1500 on the back.

image.jpg

This criss-cross sanding pattern works. Very well. This will undoubtedly be the best clear coat polish job I've done.

Alright, medium cut liquid polish.
Good Lord, this is getting old. I'm ready to be playing this thing.
A buffing arbor is in my future. I can see it now...

image.jpg

Back