User Error Failboat. (HNPD)

Help!I'maRock!

Mediocringly Derivative
I bought one more pedal to complete my practice board, a TC Hall of Fame Mini. Now I can recreate the effects from my amp in rehearsals. I learned that I needed a reverb pedal at our last gig, when I used entirely too much reverb during our set. Now I'll be able to set levels in rehearsals and back off of that onstage when using my amp.

I only paid $60 and it was used, so it came with no box or manual. I utterly failed when trying to load toneprints for at least 15 minutes. Then I started a thread at TGP and was informed right away to turn my phone off vibrate. Oops. :grin:

So I'm using a plate setting because the spring settings are truly atrocious. No matter, I did the same thing on an old Digiverb. Sounds great, and as close to my amp as I'll get without going back to a Sole Mate.

Pics tomorrow.

I couldn't hang with the regular HOF. I'm glad its got a sound thats working for you though..I never tried the toneprint thing.

I couldn't hang with the regular HOF. I'm glad its got a sound thats working for you though..I never tried the toneprint thing.

I just loaded the standard plate reverb from the regular HOF. The spring reverbs are garbage. But the plate works well, and unsurprisingly, the artist presets I liked were also based on plate reverb. Part of me wants to mess with the editor, but mostly I just want to set the mix and forget about it.

Congrats on the HNUPD :thu:

I like my HOF. I have normal sized pedal and use the Spring sound. I have used the Plate and the LoFi as well. Never had an issue with it either.

:lol: No wonder I couldn't get the tone print to work from my phone. I hooked it up to my computer to make changes, then I tried the phone a few days later and nothing happened.

I don't have the right usb cable to connect it to my computer.

HNUPD

The toneprints are a really cool idea and now you can (apparently as I have not done it) make your own. I've change some on my flashback but really don't use it all that much in reality :shrug:

I just loaded the standard plate reverb from the regular HOF. The spring reverbs are garbage. But the plate works well, and unsurprisingly, the artist presets I liked were also based on plate reverb. Part of me wants to mess with the editor, but mostly I just want to set the mix and forget about it.
I don't like spring reverbs, real or digital... Are you like me in that respect?

I don't have the right usb cable to connect it to my computer.
www.MonoPrice.com

The best reverb I've heard is the spring reverb on my amp. Digital simulations usually pale in comparison.

I'm not buying a cable that will cost me more to ship than for the actual item.
LOL That's why I always end up buying a few things from MonoPrice.

Oh, and its a legacy cable you should be able to get from anyone who had a Blackberry 5 years ago. No thanks.
It's not so much a legacy cable. The spec for mini and micro came about the same time. It's just that the EU chose micro as the standardized cell phone charging connector for Europe and for ease the manufacturers standardized world wide. Most were pushing for mini.

I think mini is the more robust connector, actually. I always fear breaking micros.

It haven't looked at dSLR cameras lately but they were using mini, too.

Sent from my Moto X 2014 using Tapatalk

Got the sucker on my board today and brought it to rehearsal. I'm using the standard Plate Toneprint. Again, it's very spring like, and for use with rehearsal space amps, it sounds dangerously close to the spring reverb on my Allen Encore.

The first quarter of the range on the knob seems to do absolutely nothing. And then the reverb really comes on. Actually having it on the board allows me to stop using my Echorec on everything, which is a very good thing. (Nothing against the Echorec. It's the best delay I've ever used. But not every song needs it.)

I'll likely mess with some other Toneprints at home, but this does what I wanted it to. Would recommend.

I am using the Andertons Toneprint. I quickly went through most of them and that one struck me for some reason. I keep meaning to go back and try some more.

I like the church setting, but subtle it is not.

Same. That actually replaced a patch setting for me from an older multi, and I'd named that patch "drowned at the bottom of the well."

I like the HOF a lot, but some of the sounds totally don't do it for me (tile?!??!), while others have their own thing going on (the 'modern' sounded bad on it's own to my ears, but really added to songs when combined with other instruments).

Back