jello's Bariatric journal...

Mojo Jello..

My recent surgery was so smooth compared to that. The nurses were all nice they rolled me into the Op room, put me on the table and I woke up in recovery with the nurse asking me if I wanted a glass of water and a biscuit :thu:

Had a follow-up with my primary last night...nothing extraordinary, just adjusting my blood pressure meds...

BUT...he said it may be possible to list my January and February office visits as nutritional consults, which would start the 6 month clock in January instead of March, allowing me to get the surgery as early as July...I'll know more next week when I see the surgeon and talk to his coordinator...

Fingers crossed...

iu

Check this out when you get a chance, David. It's been really inspiring to me. Even if you're not in a position to do this, that doesn't matter... a guy bigger than you or I made huge changes by willpower and you've got that in spades.

http://games.crossfit.com/article/and-fitness-all
Thank you, Andy...

While I'm not quite in a frame of mind to tackle something like cross-fit, I do kind of have a goal in mind, something I've wanted to do, and once I have achieved some level of weight loss I'm going to start working toward it...There is a wilderness survival school in Kentucky...they have a 2 step program in which they take you out and teach you basic skills like fire making, shelter building, and finding and preparing food and water...then they throw you out in the woods for 3 days with just a basic pack and supplies...may sound weird to some but it's something that has always interested me...

Hang in their David. Hopefully things will get pushed along quickly and you'll be on your way.

...There is a wilderness survival school in Kentucky...they have a 2 step program in which they take you out and teach you basic skills like fire making, shelter building, and finding and preparing food and water...then they throw you out in the woods for 3 days with just a basic pack and supplies...may sound weird to some but it's something that has always interested me...
That sounds like something I would love to do

I had a follow up visit with the surgeon last week, and the Preoperative information seminar yesterday...I'm really overwhelmed right now with information, questions, doubt's, and a not insignificant level of misgiving...suffice it to say that things have become very very real...

...very real...

I may be able to get more into it this weekend...there's a number of things I need to process...

Peace...

Best wishes for whatever you decide. Remember it's normal to have fear and doubt. It is a huge undertaking. It seems as though they build a lot of time into the process to give you plenty of time to decide if it is for you. Use that time wisely.
:)

Hi Jello

I must have missed this thread originally. I had gastric sleeve surgery about two years ago. I went from about 320 lbs. to under 180. (I have gained back about 20 lbs, but I seem to be holding there.)

The lead-up to surgery is very overwhelming. It's a difficult decision.

My advice: Be very sure you're ready to do it. It's a huge lifestyle change, and your head has to be in the right place. Be prepared to do the work after surgery -- exercise, new eating habits, etc.

And make sure your family/close friends are on board. I hear that some people end up with relationship challenges after losing a lot of weight. In some cases, family and friends are invested in the old you.

I had some minor difficulties after surgery (an infection in one incision, etc.) But I am so glad I went through with it. I feel so such better that it's hard to even describe.

Feel free to message me with any questions or concerns. I'd be glad to help in any way I can.

Grant

Last edited:
Back