WTF is with F&%#$ng small toob amps...grrrrrrr... (a rant)

It's pretty rare, or maybe expensive to get a good clean, and good distortion. What dirt pedals do you have? You might want to spend an ungody amount for a dirt pedal, still less than another amp, and be happy.

I agree - you either get one or the other. My perfect small, CHEAP tube amp would be one that gets (at least) a GOOD clean tone. You can always add the dirt :thu:

I also would be open to another Excelsior; unfortunately after the closeout they are relatively scarce, and command more than what the closeout prices were.

You want to try out my Traynor Darkhorse?

I was just getting ready to put it on Reverb because I don't really need it. It's 6V6 so it's super smooth. It's switchable down to 2 watts for saturated low volume, but I usually leave it in a cleaner 6V6 sound and run pedals to it. It's got a cool carry bag and is super light. I was probably going to put it up at $400 shipped.

DARKHORSE.jpg

Ummm, did I not mention "relatively cheap" ? ? ? :tongue: :poke:
Actually, I don't think you did... :poke:

Way of track: do you have, or have you previously owned a fender mustang? (sorry if you've mentioned this, memory fading).

I have a MII, and as a practice amp it really can't be beat ('specially for the cost of a used one). If I had an MIII I'd probably gig with the darn thing.

Actually, I don't think you did... :poke:

Way of track: do you have, or have you previously owned a fender mustang? (sorry if you've mentioned this, memory fading).

I have a MII, and as a practice amp it really can't be beat ('specially for the cost of a used one). If I had an MIII I'd probably gig with the darn thing.

Yes, I had a version 1 MIII for a couple of years, but traded it away in one of many GAS fits. Tried a V2 today, along with a SCX2, and I am thisclose to getting the MIII V2 and saying "eff it" to tubes.

Back