Nostalgia or nightmare fuel?

so.much.perm :eek:

Malls-700-14.jpg

Texas is no stranger to big hair. Mall rats would "tease-it-to-Jesus" with a few pounds of hairspray,
and that's just the guys!
enhanced-2873-1402597070-9.jpg

Attachments

• upload_2015-3-2_7-27-14.jpeg
    upload_2015-3-2_7-27-14.jpeg
    9.5 KB · Views: 64
In the 80's I would go to Harbor Place or the Galleria at the inner harbor in Baltimore and hang out in the food court and watch the folks go by. I hardly ever go to a mall now, and when I do it is to buy something specific. I gather that malls are on their way out now.

89 was the year I graduated high school. I am glad I was not in any of those pics.

When I am in a mall, it is to buy then leave. Never was a part of the "let's hang out" mentality. Even as a teen, I had better things to do.

Reactions: Tig
Definitely spent time hanging out in malls as a kid (late 70's, early 80's).

Probably haven't been to one in 10 years. No need.

I used to hang out at Main Place a lot in the 80's.

Those pics brought back a flood of memories.

In Santa Ana?

We hung out at the Orange and Brea malls :embarrassed:

I'd go the Orange Mall too from time to time, but Main Place had a better movie theater, and it was bigger and nicer. Brea was too far away for me since my only mode of transport was a bike or a skateboard until my best friend got his drivers license.

If I could get a ride from a friend, sometimes we'd hit South Coast Plaza too.

Maybe I'm just grouchy because it's Monday, but those pictures are boring. He could have picked a better subject for his photo essay. :tongue:

The cool shops in my mall were in the underground...the head shop was next to Record World, and across the corridor was the gift shop with the incense and black light posters...

The malls around here are disappearing one by one. usually they ae torn down and a high end strip mall/housing unit is built in it's place. The exception being one mall here that was losing money and the parent company decided to gut it and remodel it. Not a good idea I am thinking.

I get the attraction to malls, but I never really liked them.

We didn't have malls where I grew up.
We also didn't have any fast food chains, movie theaters, or pizza delivery.
Everyone was excited when they put in a Taco Bell and a Burger King down the street from the high school, and that was two towns below where I lived.

Back