'78 Les Paul, nice pedigree, $1,800

Danhedonia

Noted duckfat enthusiast
Just posting for old friend Pete Weiss, owner and producer at Verdant Studios in Vermont and former Zippah / Tape Op writer / etc. guy.

Pete's Facebook post: "
1978 Gibson Les Paul Standard for sale, again!
I floated this guitar before, and am realizing I was asking too much for it. (I really like it and am not savoring the idea of seeing it go... It is "mostly original"... has vintage 70's Dimarzio and Duncan pickups; plays great; sounds great; most of the rest is original; includes original case) I am now quite serious about moving it. Send me a message if you're sincerely interested and have the $$. I would like to see this go to a good home and see some rockin' stage/studio time...
$1800. Firm-ish; semi-open to trades"

He's a very nice guy, unlikely to eBay or Reverb it. If you're in the market and not looking for a perfect finish, this is your stop. Pete is meticulous (if you've ever worked with him, you'll know ....) and takes amazing care of stuff. He doesn't know I posted here but wouldn't mind, if you're interested just google Verdant and drop him a note.

Sorry for being slow. Pete has pics; the finish is a very nice burst between reddish and darkish.

That sounds like an excellent deal for that, as long as it's in good shape and not an overall dog.

Knowing Pete for more than 30 years, he'd never sell a dog. As far as the shape, there's a lot of wear on the finish in the usual spots, but the top looks great in the photos.

The guitar has been played / toured a bunch, and in fact has been played by a number of terrific guitarists in and around New England the past couple of decades. If I were in the market for a used LP, I'd be all over it.

He's a friend, and he prefers to 'place' the guitar rather than just sell it; the price is 'for friends and friends-of-friends.'

Back