NFL Issues Statement on Deflategate: Investigative Firm Hired to Review Patriots Electronic and Vide

Ya,I don't know the dudes name as he doesn't know mine...

I'm a Pats fan but when I seen that shit stain repeating that over and over again,I hope the Pats kick major ass...
Ok, Petty. You are on my ignore list for calling marshawn that. That is uncontrollably inappropriate, racist, and wrong. If people cannot see how wrong it is to force a guy to speak when he doesn't want to, then I just don't get it. But to then cross the line and throw out lines like that . . . Ok. See ya. (or not. You are my first ignore button push).

From MSNBC

Report: NFL approved under-inflated balls from Patriots

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl...under-inflated-balls-from-patriots/ar-AA8DMF1

From the NFL (slightly more reliable source than a Boston sports station:rolleyes:)
NFL: ref inspected footballs properly in AFC title game

http://xfinity.comcast.net/articles/sports-nfl/20150129/Super.Bowl-Deflated.Footballs/

"NFL officiating chief Dean Blandino says the inspection of the footballs by referee Walt Anderson before the AFC championship game was handled properly....Everything was properly tested and marked before the game. Walt gauged the footballs himself; it is something he has done throughout his career.
''Officiating is not part of the investigation.''

Putting this in the NFL inflame/distract/hypocrisy/ignore the real stuff thread. Rather than the focus on the game thread.

View attachment 18563 View attachment 18564 View attachment 18562 View attachment 18566
10959095_10200260743599274_6556660840707068133_n.jpg
10952577_10200260742599249_8727649020212386795_n.jpg
10940463_10200260743199264_4304655519796602646_n.jpg
10942750_754776031273282_4219066108270262153_n.jpg
1514946_10200260744119287_487664736508112349_n.jpg
10952577_10200260742599249_8727649020212386795_n.jpg

Just sayin'.

Last edited:
As a Padre fan, I'll milk football for 3 more days. :embarrassed:
Maybe you didn't notice, but the Padres front office has been on a mad shopping spree over the past few months. They've picked up some bona fide bad asses.

They may very well be an instant contender. Certainly in their own division. I have raised expectations for the coming season.

Maybe you didn't notice, but the Padres front office has been on a mad shopping spree over the past few months. They've picked up some bona fide bad asses.

They may very well be an instant contender. Certainly in their own division. I have raised expectations for the coming season.

Yeah, I have been keeping up with that. I am cautiously optimistic.

If people cannot see how wrong it is to force a guy to speak when he doesn't want to, then I just don't get it.

Hey SVL, I'm not trying to get in an argument but didn't Marshawn sign a contract obligating him to participate in some media events? I genuinely don't know his contractual obligations but it seems plausible he signed up to do it.

Don't get me wrong -- I think his response is funny and I think it is obscene for the NFL to make an issue of the crotch grab. What the league gets upset about these days seem rather arbitrary, to put it nicely. I don't follow this stuff much, though.

But there are people in the business world who hate public speaking and are nevertheless required to do it or get fired. In football, nobody that visible is going to get "fired" so the fine seems to be the league's remedy.

Again, I think it's silly and sad how many keystrokes have been spent on this topic -- including my own.

No argument that the contract says that. I just believe it is wrong for the contract to force media contact, and that the players' negotiator did a poor job negotiating the contract on behalf of the players. And Goodell's insistence on making it an issue by enforcing compliance in this manner when other things go unaddressed is distasteful to me. There are plenty of players that want to talk, but while recognizing that 1st Amendment concerns do not legally apply here as this is part of a commercial contract, the American ideal (as opposed to legal right) of freedom of expression, including silence, is violated by its terms. Many sports figures over the years did not get along with the press. Note that I said I believed it was wrong, not illegal, to require the contact. Right and wrong and legality do not always coincide. So hopefully you don't see that statement as an argument, just a clarification of my personal opinion.

No argument that the contract says that. I just believe it is wrong for the contract to force media contact, and that the players' negotiator did a poor job negotiating the contract on behalf of the players. And Goodell's insistence on making it an issue by enforcing compliance in this manner when other things go unaddressed is distasteful to me. There are plenty of players that want to talk, but while recognizing that 1st Amendment concerns do not legally apply here as this is part of a commercial contract, the American ideal (as opposed to legal right) of freedom of expression, including silence, is violated by its terms. Many sports figures over the years did not get along with the press. Note that I said I believed it was wrong, not illegal, to require the contact. Right and wrong and legality do not always coincide. So hopefully you don't see that statement as an argument, just a clarification of my personal opinion.

Agreed on all points.

Back