Formula 1 2015 Discussion

TomcatMF

Vetteless
The 2015 cars for most of the teams have been revealed, and they look fantastic this year. Unfortunately they will probably still sound like crap, but if the racing is exciting I can live with it. I will be heading to the USGP in Austin this year so at least I will get some nice pictures out of it.

Here are the cars that have been revealed so far:

McLaren MP4-30
Mclaren_MP430_886x591.jpg

Ferrari SF-15T
ferrari-sf15t-2015-3.jpg

Not many structural changes from last year, but that new Sauber livery is awesome!

The Ferrari is slightly less ugly than last year's car.

I see Lotus ditched the goofy twin nose design, that was just awful.

Can't wait for the season to start.

It is nice to see a little more color in the field this year. I wish there were a few more teams as well.

Reactions: OGG
It is nice to see a little more color in the field this year. I wish there were a few more teams as well.
With Marussia gone, and Caterham all but certainly toast, it's going to be a small field for sure. Too bad Haas couldn't be ready for this year.

And can you believe Red Bull still hasn't finished their car? That's just crazy. They seem almost doomed to repeat last year.

I would be nice to see someone take over those teams...or better yet, take the spots and fill them with a real factory effort that is competitive.

Yeah, I think Red Bull is on track to fuck it up again this year. I suspect they will wake up sometime around May. At least they still have Ricciardo on the payroll. Imagine what that kid could do with a good car.

Reactions: OGG
I hope some of the things they are proposing come to fruition in the coming years. There are quite a few teams that are calling for engines with a lot more horsepower (more than 1000 BHP) that are also much louder. They want the cars to be much more difficult to drive than they are now to bring back the spectacle to F1.

While it sucks that the field is smaller, those back marker teams were never competitive anyway. They were so slow that they were just moving chicanes. I'm all for more teams and cars, but they need to be competitive.

Too bad McLaren didn't go with the red and white livery they were hinting at earlier. I'm glad Williams didn't change theirs much. I love the Martini livery.

yeah, I'd like to see a red and white McLaren car, but I suspect they fear a color scheme to close to their old Marlboro sponsorship causing issues with the FIA and some of the countries that hold races that ban tobacco advertising in sports. They could have used McLaren racing orange and white.

Ferrari is now blaming Alonso for their shitty performance.

I am both flabbergasted and outraged by that notion.

The Scuderia fielded a shit car. Alonso out drove that POS and stayed reasonably competitive while Kimi Raikkonen could do fuck all with the same car.

My loyalty has taken a serious hit.

I hope Fernando flat out smokes Vettel and Kimi this year.

Ferrari is now blaming Alonso for their shitty performance.

I am both flabbergasted and outraged by that notion.

The Scuderia fielded a shit car. Alonso out drove that POS and stayed reasonably competitive while Kimi Raikkonen could do fuck all with the same car.

My loyalty has taken a serious hit.

I hope Fernando flat out smokes Vettel and Kimi this year.

That is absolute madness. Like him or not, there is no denying Alonso is a real talent and one of the best drivers to ever race in F1. Blaming him for Ferrari's woes is crazy talk. They had two very good drivers, with three world championships between them, so I don't think the on track talent was the problem. By all accounts, Alonso drove the crap out of the car to get it even close to the podium. You can see how bad it is when a guy like Kimi couldn't keep it in the top ten, and he kicked ass with the back of the midpack Lotus a few years prior, moving that car into good point scoring position. Ferrari designed a shitty car, and based on last years press, the problem seemed to be a lack of management and a lot of finger pointing between different engineering teams that failed to work together to build a cohesive car design (aero blames the engine team, engine team blames the aero, everyone blames the front office, and so on).

Last edited:
^^ That is a Porsche gt Le Mans prototype car, not an f1 car, but Mark Webber, a former F1 driver was behind the wheel. F1 cars have way better aero.

Last edited:
Webber sure seems to like doing back flips in race cars. Porsche, Mercedes, Red Bull...
He had yet another insane crash a few months ago. I thought for sure he was dead this time, but the tough little Aussie shrugged it off as usual. He is the luckiest unlucky driver ever.

Back