NGD - SDOTD Edition

Kerouac

weird musical dildo
b40f9061b2612315bfb414b664884dee.jpg

462d7b1d698ce5cfdae55e3d0b1048b2.jpg

74cfbf6a8b3f0df8b7759ac2d5448fd0.jpg

ZOMG, ITS A 12er!

Plays well. Sounds like a 12 string ought to. Top is pretty heavily glossed, but the back and sides are a nice satin. Comes with D'Addario EXP strings because everyone knows changing strings in a 12 is a not-so-fun experience. Provided I don't break one I should get at least a couple of years out of 'em... :embarrassed:

Other than a little bit of slop in the binding and the sound hole rosette I can't find a single issue; I wonder why it got sent back originally? :shrug:

HN12sAD! I like Alvarez, and IIRC, that stupid deal was for an AD60. If so, I got a 6-string AD60CE on a stupid restock sale, and it has been excellent.

So I've spent a few hours playing it now and have some better impressions...

1) the neck is bigger than it initially felt. I like bigger necks so it's not an issue, but it's a lot beefier than the average Alvarez necks

2) it's LOUD. Super loud for a dreadnought body and the 12 makes it even bigger. Great projection, but it may not fit Kicking Up Cinders as well as I'd hope, because we play really quietly.

3) intonation is iffy and the High E's have a little bit of buzz that I think is one of them binding in the nut. Not a deal breaker, but something I'll need to figure out.

As to the loudness, maybe an adjustment to your playing technique? I notice that I approach the 12-string differently that the 6-string.

Back