OK. who here is going to call?

:grin:
That's not the truck I'm looking for.
This is closer...
$_12.JPG

$_12.JPG

My brother would buy that. He loves himself a good 390. His first Mustang came with a 390.

My brother would buy that. He loves himself a good 390. His first Mustang came with a 390.

just so you know......the 390's that came in trucks were different engines than the ones for cars. the block was the same, but the heads were different and the performance is very different and apparently the trannys had a different bolt pattern. so says a co-worker who has a '66 fairlane with a 390 truck motor in it. he got it that way, and has all kinds of trouble with it. not so much the engine itself, but all the stuff bolted to it.

just so you know......the 390's that came in trucks were different engines than the ones for cars. the block was the same, but the heads were different and the performance is very different and apparently the trannys had a different bolt pattern. so says a co-worker who has a '66 fairlane with a 390 truck motor in it. he got it that way, and has all kinds of trouble with it. not so much the engine itself, but all the stuff bolted to it.

Early and late 390 motors are also not really compatible/interchangeable either. They moved things like motor mounts, accessory bolt holes, exhaust bolt patterns and other crap around over the years.

Fun tip. You can tell a truck 390 by the oil filter mount. On trucks it is horizontal and car motors have it at an angle/vertical. The reason is clearance for the front suspension/transfer case on trucks.

Funny shit, but I saw the same ad a couple years ago for a Jeep Cherokee. Hey, I'm all for recycling.:thu:

Back