This isn't about the person, but Taylor Swift and her people are idiots...

This is nothing new. Pat Riley did something similar years ago. I'm not a big fan of this sort of thing either, but it's up to the USPTO to reject the application.

http://www.wsj.com/articles/pat-rileys-other-master-plan-trademarking-three-peat-1401923767

I know, but it's so ridiculous to even try. I mean someone in this horrible money making machine is so out of touch with what is doable (read: stupid) and the perceived chance to make more money that they're trying it again.

I know, but it's so ridiculous to even try. I mean someone in this horrible money making machine is so out of touch with what is doable (read: stupid) and the perceived chance to make more money that they're trying it again.
Again, they know this won't work, but they are building her name recognition and internet stats, thanks to folks like us. :facepalm:

Didn't Gene Simmons successfully copy write the use of 'axe' for a guitar, back in the '80s? Even though it was a common terminology at the time. So after that, no guitar magazine could, for instance, write about EVH and call him an axe-slinger, etc etc.

I'm not sure how he got away with it, since it was in common usage already idn_smilie

Again, they know this won't work, but they are building her name recognition and internet stats, thanks to folks like us. :facepalm:

You're right I should have switched her name to Swaylor Tift or Sailer Mift...something that would have gotten the point across without using she-who-must-not-be-named name.

Screenshot_2015-01-29-16-31-20.png

My own design. Should I sell them?

Didn't Gene Simmons successfully copy write the use of 'axe' for a guitar, back in the '80s? Even though it was a common terminology at the time. So after that, no guitar magazine could, for instance, write about EVH and call him an axe-slinger, etc etc.

I'm not sure how he got away with it, since it was in common usage already idn_smilie

Maybe, maybe not.
It is rumored he attempted to copyright "OJ" and failed, but there is no proof that I could found.

Last edited:
I read an article years ago that explained why people do things like this. Unfortunately I cant remember the details but basically it is more to do with protection from other douche bags than being a douche bag themselves. Feel free to hate her all you want but my guess is there is a legal reason why it is probably a good idea for her brand.

I still dont get the negativity toward her. There are a ton of talentless turds making a crap ton of money (unintended pun) in this business by simply being shocking. At least she writes and plays and is fairly cute. I much prefer her positive image to that of the gangster rapper.

I read an article years ago that explained why people do things like this. Unfortunately I cant remember the details but basically it is more to do with protection from other douche bags than being a douche bag themselves. Feel free to hate her all you want but my guess is there is a legal reason why it is probably a good idea for her brand.

I still dont get the negativity toward her. There are a ton of talentless turds making a crap ton of money (unintended pun) in this business by simply being shocking. At least she writes and plays and is fairly cute. I much prefer her positive image to that of the gangster rapper.

Again, for this thread it doesn't matter who's doing it, more that it's stupid and being done at all. She can't trademark common phrases...no one can unless they fully prove origin and it would have to be the person filing or their representatives. In this case Twifts people can't obtain a trademark for phrases that she didn't coin.

She's a talentless turd making a crap ton of money by simply dating rich and famous guys then writing songs about how they did her wrong. It's nothing to aspire to.

"I have to stop myself from thinking about how many aspects of technology I don't understand."

And here I was believing that you actually have to start thinking before you can stop doing it.

I am not really familiar with her music and I have nothing against her. What I find annoying is the endless hype machine that puts her and other celebs at the top of my newsfeed constantly. It is most likely not the artists fault as they are cogs in the machine.

She's a talentless turd making a crap ton of money by simply dating rich and famous guys then writing songs about how they did her wrong. It's nothing to aspire to.

Without actually writing the songs...just getting the credit. Well maybe some of how they did her wrong in the lyrics is from her. But based on this filing, it's more likely something she and her people have heard other people say for years and are claiming as their own.

I am not really familiar with her music and I have nothing against her. What I find annoying is the endless hype machine that puts her and other celebs at the top of my newsfeed constantly. It is most likely not the artists fault as they are cogs in the machine.

Agreed. I dont mind it as much with artist or someone who actually does something. It is far more annoying to me when it pertains to people or families famous for being famous.

I'd rather young girls aspire to be her than filthy skanks who make a crap ton of money because they made a sex tape that got "leaked" or "stolen". Or a rapper wearing his ganster costume and gold teeth making rhymes about raping women and killing cops. Don't get me wrong, I dont own her music but I dont find her talentless, she actually plays and sings

Reactions: Tig
I'd rather young girls aspire to be her than filthy skanks who make a crap ton of money because they made a sex tape that got "leaked" or "stolen". Or a rapper wearing his ganster costume and gold teeth making rhymes about raping women and killing cops. Don't get me wrong, I dont own her music but I dont find her talentless, she actually plays and sings

Her voice is so heavily auto tuned that you can hardly call it singing. As for her playing, even the minuscule amount she used to play has long been left behind for dance numbers and pop spectacle. She's not a musician, she's not an artist; she's the crossover Britney Spears.

Her voice is so heavily auto tuned that you can hardly call it singing. As for her playing, even the minuscule amount she used to play has long been left behind for dance numbers and pop spectacle. She's not a musician, she's not an artist; she's the crossover Britney Spears.

I saw her live once .............. I know, I know. She opened for Brad Paisley. And she is certainly not the best singer in the world but she wasnt bad at all. Not that singing voice is necessarily what makes someone an artist or popular or successful. Again, I find her annoying but I dont get that bent out of shape about it and I would still rather have 10 of her in the marketplace than the alternative.

Back