1972 Micro-Frets Swinger - Trans Cherry

That looks like the worse guitar ever built. Pickups don't match and looked tacked on. That trem unit is terrible, the locking nut thing looks like I made it. The neck late is just as bad, and what is that white piece of plastic under the trem? A five year old could have done a better job.

That's not a locking nut, it's actually a roller nut with intonation adjustments at both sides, and extra room for the G string, as well as height adjustment. The bridge, that's a microsonic, was also extremely well made, and did what the bigsby did, but with more adjustibility and a hell of a easier restring.. The pickup cases were actually plexiglass. All their hardware and wood was made in house to high standards. They were an extremely innovative company.

Is this guitar all available?

no one here owns that guitar. We sometimes post links to interesting guitars from around the web and discuss them. Your best bet is to search for it on the reverb.com page. Of course, this thread is two years old, so I doubt the guitar I still in the hands of the original seller.

Oh, and welcome to the forum!

I hope you are not one of our latest batch of subtle spammers. Either way, I hope to see more of you soon.

Last edited:
It is certainly unique. Funny I was thinking "I only know one person who has one of those" and it turned out that's who the seller was. Masons awesome.

The shape reminds me of the old Coral electric sitar. And my first thought was that I've never seen the words "swinger" and "cherry" in the same sentence.

Oh cool! A Microfrets! I could get into this one! IIRC, Paul Reed Smith used to work for Microfrets.

Wouldn't surprise me. Paul is a Maryland guy and Micro Frets was outside of Frederick, MD (where I live). They tried making a bit of a comeback a few years ago, but it looks like their webpage doesn't exist anymore. The main independent music shop in Frederick (Make n Music, mnmfrederick.com) used to have a few hanging on their wall. I recall they were not inexpensive.

napalm.jpg

Back