hehkl7l6ht7xxuofiqxh.jpg

lv521o1ncvevucfuomce.jpg

lpdrb9ja1effjorxxjlg.jpg

spwgqvts8tcna40kp1pn.jpg

r7foqk54jlwrk96v2tyd.jpg

q2s7xukjkbnnz4l64hvc.jpg

vmvgvjsvbwaqewwwea24.jpg

Widman Custom Electrics Electric Banjo

• Cosmetic Condition: Totally brand new. Made locally by John Widman. Comes with a Custom G+G Hard Case.
  • Character: This is not your typical open-back banjo. Chambered Mahogany Body, Wenge Top, Maple/Wenge neck, ebony fretboard. 2 Fralin Mini Humbuckers. It's a banjo but has a "Tele" vibe on the bridge pickup or a fat Gibson feel with the neck pickup solo'd. Play on stage! Without feedback - unless you want it! Use delays, octaves, reverb, fuzzzz!!!

This pretty seems to lock a trend here...I just can't put my finger on what it is. :thu:

Seems interesting, like something Otis Taylor might play:

2646703.jpg

Since part of what makes a banjo sound as it does is the banjo head, I have to wonder if this has any true banjo sound at all. Deering Banjo came up with this approach:
Crossfire_Black_01_2014_004-FRONT.jpg

The Crossfire has a MSRP of $4,134.00.

What exactly does the "G" in "GPOTD" stand for, again?

Anyway, I'm with Gary. I'm not opposed to the existence of any musical instrument, since I love musical instruments, but I can't imagine that sounding much like a banjo. The only reason the busy banjo playing styles work is because of the lack of sustain. Put that through a neck-thru Paul setup and you've got a watercolor painting in the rain.

What exactly does the "G" in "GPOTD" stand for, again?

Anyway, I'm with Gary. I'm not opposed to the existence of any musical instrument, since I love musical instruments, but I can't imagine that sounding much like a banjo. The only reason the busy banjo playing styles work is because of the lack of sustain. Put that through a neck-thru Paul setup and you've got a watercolor painting in the rain.

While I get that, but it's really like the difference between an acoustic and modern electric. This way banjo players can adapt their technique to the palette of the electric guitar, and someone can take the instrument and the preconceptions to a new and different place. I'm quite cool with it although I have no use for it.

Back