Ah, the joys of small town living.

Jbird

Kick Henry Jackassowski
Heading to the local Dollar Store (that is driving Mr. Mom 'N' Pop grocery out of business) to pick up an item you're out of, and the Duck Commander-looking guy in line in front of you smells like he fell into a vat of beer. And he spends 5 minutes trying to put his changed received back into his wallet. And then he hops in his beat-up pickup truck and drives away messedup0

Fuck, the guy can barely put two dollar bills into his wallet, and he is driving. It's times like this I wish I had a mobile phone.

As much as I have been enjoying my recent jaunts to The Big City (at least the non-work-related ones), O give me the small town life any time. Hopefully even smaller in the not-too-distant-future.

As much as I have been enjoying my recent jaunts to The Big City (at least the non-work-related ones), O give me the small town life any time. Hopefully even smaller in the not-too-distant-future.

If I could find a legal way to make a living on my 40 acres, I'd be living there today with the prairie dogs.

I live in Manhattan. I wish I could divide my time and spend some weeks at a small house in the country. Then again, country folk scare me.

I prefer a middle sized town. I don't like big cities, at least to live in, theres just too many arseholes.

Tried living in the middle of nowhere for a few years, it was nice and quiet but my wife got fed up of having to drive miles to get anywhere so we moved back into the town.

I like the City, where the corner store is actually on the corner. Here, the guy in the OP won't be driving. But he will be stinking up some subway train-car.

@peskypesky, come on out to Queens. We have beer gardens. :grin:

I live in the boonies and have done so for the past 22 years. Own 34 acres, have a trout stream on my property and my deer camp is less than a 1/2 mile from my house. Wouldn't trade it for anything.

Too many rats in the cage out in the real world.

Last edited:
Any town that has a Walmart is too big to want to live in, or is it just the fact that it has a Walmart?

I always wanted to retire in the Texas hill country (near Austin) but the previous generation beat me to it and now the real estate prices are jacked to Jesus.
northOverview.jpg

201203-w-spring-break-road-trips-texas-hill-country-1.jpg

NYC has no Walmarts. Bloomberg refused to give them a tax exemption.

Where real estate is priced so high, and space is so valuable, he could afford to do that.

Lots of small-towns, etc.....can't really afford to do that since they need the jobs for the local economies.

Fuck Wal-Mart.

Reactions: Tig
Why didn't you call the cops from the store?
Why didn't the person behind the counter call the cops?
Why are you at the dollar store if they're driving Mom and Pop out of buisiness??

Why didn't you call the cops from the store?
Why didn't the person behind the counter call the cops?
Why are you at the dollar store if they're driving Mom and Pop out of buisiness??

Mom n' pop store closes at 7:embarrassed:0pm. I work 3rd shift and didn't wake up 'til 7:30pm. Started fixing dinner and realized I was out of milk, and needed it. Other than times like that, or if the Mom n' pop store doesn't carry something (like lightbulbs) then I'll go to the dollar store.

I couldn't call the cops because I don't have a mobile phone. No idea why the gal behind the counter didn't call 'em. I know she could smell him too, and knew he was drunk, by the look she gave me as he stood there trying to get the bills into his wallet.

Back