wagdog

Ack
I really dig this:

810.jpg

http://peavey.com/news/article.cfm/action/view/id/810/cat/1/article.cfm

Features:
  • 2x EL84 power tubes and 3x 12AX7/ECC83 preamp tubes
  • Two footswitchable channels with three-band EQ
  • Footswitchable volume boost on both channels, footswitchable reverb, footswitchable buffered effects loop
  • Tube Status Indication (TSI™) circuit
  • Impedance switch for 16 or 8 ohm cabinets
  • MSDI™ Output with XLR and ground lift switch
  • USB Output
  • Speaker defeat switch
  • Headphone output
  • Attenuator switch for 20 Watts, 5 Watts or 1 Watt output power

I'm interested. I'm curious about the TSI circuit.

Nice to see them allow for 8 ohm cabs.

I don't want to get too excited, though. Last year I was all pumped about the Godin Montreal P90 and they seem as rare as hen's teeth.

Not that I am in any way against MIC, but this is the first Classic that has that distinction.

MIC and $500? for a 20 Watt head? The Classic 30 in $650. You get 10 more watts and a 12" speaker for $150. I'm not against MIC, but isn't the whole reason to make stuff in China is so it is much cheaper? Drop it to $299, I would really consider getting one. I guess in a few months they will be popping up used for much less.

MIC and $500? for a 20 Watt head? The Classic 30 in $650. You get 10 more watts and a 12" speaker for $150. I'm not against MIC, but isn't the whole reason to make stuff in China is so it is much cheaper? Drop it to $299, I would really consider getting one. I guess in a few months they will be popping up used for much less.

Well, actually the C30 is hard to find at $650 anymore - price has shot up to $799 and higher at most places. :eek:

I guess if you compare this to, say, an Egnater Rebel 20, Marshall DSL15c, Orange TT and the like, the pricing is pretty similar, and the C20 MH has the advantage of the selectable 30/5/1 wattage (the TT has 15/7, but no reverb or effects loop). Plus, you are not stuck with needing to swap an awful Blue Marvel speaker :embarrassed:.

Well, actually the C30 is hard to find at $650 anymore - price has shot up to $799 and higher at most places. :eek:

I guess if you compare this to, say, an Egnater Rebel 20, Marshall DSL15c, Orange TT and the like, the pricing is pretty similar, and the C20 MH has the advantage of the selectable 30/5/1 wattage (the TT has 15/7, but no reverb or effects loop). Plus, you are not stuck with needing to swap an awful Blue Marvel speaker :embarrassed:.

Sweetwater $650
http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/Class30II
MF white one with Celestion speaker $650
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/ampl...ition-1x12-tube-combo?rNtt=classic 30&index=2

Yeah, got me there. Don't know how long those prices are gonn hold, though. FWIW, the "regular" tweed version is $799 at MF.

Yeah, got me there. Don't know how long those prices are gonn hold, though. FWIW, the "regular" tweed version is $799 at MF.

Yeah I saw that. I have never been in the market for one, but I saw the link in the thread to Sweetwater and checked it there. I had no idea that most places had that amp at $799. I can't imagine paying that much for a classic 30. They are a great amp for under $400, but $800? You can get a Carmen Ghia head used for around that price.

I like the specs on the Classic 20, especially being able to dial in the wattage. Here's hoping that it lives up to the rest of the Peavey Classic line.

is there a combo?

looks sweet. Id want to darken that tweed up with some shellac though
its kind of like a way better blues jr

Don't get excited, guys.

Peavey is notorious for showing new products at NAMM, and then never getting them into production.

Back