What strings are you using on your steel strings?

I'm using the D'Addario Phosphor Bronze and I like them. I was using the regular bronze before and I would sweat through a set after one gig.

Now with the Phosphor Bronze 11-54's, I can go several gigs and practices without changing them.

Keep in mind, I like them to be bright and sparkly for reggae... there are probably folks out there that would think their acoustic strings were "just right" when I'm taking them off. :helper:

I use D'Addario coated phosphor bronze strings. They sound OK to me, but I honestly haven't really done much guitar string exploration for my acoustic.

I use these 99 cent a pack Guitar Research strings I got from Sam Ash on a blowout. They are .12-.53 phosphor bronze.

I have two boxes of them so I will conceivably run out around 2050.

It says they are "Professional Strings" and "A f-i-s-t-f-u-l of tone in every pack!" on the package.

(I got a weird STFU thing when I posted f-i-s-t-f-u-l, hence the hyphens.)

I'm probably not a good enough player to use quality strings like these.

I've got a couple that I literally haven't changed the strings on in years. One still has the original strings that came with the guitar. The last time I changed strings on two of my acoustics I put on these:

da_prod_ej21_main_2.jpg

Or a gauge up...

I find that I can destroy trad acoustic strings and these sound brighter and last longer. I know this wouldn't fly with any purists, but fick 'em...it works for me.

I think these are what I've got, and I hate 'em. I just went through a phase of mixing up which strings I was using, and ordered a 3-pack of these, then put them somewhere foolish. I thought I needed more strings, so I just ordered another set of what I had ordered last, thinking that it was working for me. Now I've got 6 sets of them (I think a lighter gauge than pictured, tho), and now that I have a set on, they're really bright and rattly. Hopefully they'll sound better when they're broken in a bit.

I use these 99 cent a pack Guitar Research strings I got from Sam Ash on a blowout. They are .12-.53 phosphor bronze.

I have two boxes of them so I will conceivably run out around 2050.

It says they are "Professional Strings" and "A f-i-s-t-f-u-l of tone in every pack!" on the package.

(I got a weird STFU thing when I posted f-i-s-t-f-u-l, hence the hyphens.)

I'm probably not a good enough player to use quality strings like these.

two fistfulls of wistful strings.

Usually J.Pearse phosphor bronze. Last time I bought strings the store I was at didn't carry them so I went with the Martin pb's. Might change strings and put them on tonight.

Back