It's HAGGIS TIME!!!

jbj

Poor old Geordie's array...
So today or tomorrow or Monday or something like that is Burn's night where folk traditionally eat haggis to celebrate the life of Robert Burns.

Personally I couldn't care less about the guy and his poetry but any excuse to get stuck in with a haggis is fine by me. :thu:

I heard that on the radio too, and as hideous as haggis sounds, I was thinking that a night of low lights, quiet poetry, some brown colored beverage, and trying haggis sounded fun.

Haggis is delicious delicious!

It's like spicy peppery mince. Too bad it's got such a bad rep

I even like the vegetarian version

I loves me some haggis. It is impossible to find where I live.

Isn't there some sort of embargos on it in the US because of what goes into it?

I have to laugh when people who will quite gladly batter into a Big Mac turn their nose up at haggis because it sounds disgusting :grin:

I had a haggis burrito for dinner last night Unfortunately it was preceded by 8 hours in the pub so I remember little about it :embarrassed:

I have never had haggis - nor even actually seen it sold anywhere I have been. It really does not sound that bad to me....

I've never seen it on the menu, but I'd definitely like to try it sometime. I have no qualms with organ meat.

My wife found a frozen haggis at the back of the freezer and cooked it up as part of my Christmas dinner a few weeks ago (hey, we're in Taiwan--it was a nice thought). We finally worked out it had been there for five years or something.

Still tasted great though.

I wouldn't feed it to my dogs. I love them too much and besides, the dog farts would kill the entire neighborhood.

5790255806_3abbbe7e0d_z.jpg

Back