So I'm thinking that my new iPad based recording setup for video will be....

Mark Wein

Grand Poobah
Staff member
41SvyLGfUJL.jpg

Auria-Hero.png

I'll probably start ordering stuff after christmas so I can get started on some new video lessons. Still doing a little research but I think this will probably give me the best results without me having to tear my office apart every time I shoot video so that I can record the audio into Protools. I might end up getting more memory for my iMac and getting both Yosemite and Logic Pro X too. I can't upgrade my computer without memory and I cant run long video or audio sessions either so I might as well do that. Logic is about a third of the price of ProTools and for the time being I think it would work just fine for my needs.

I can also do some mobile recording or even stuff at home.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I had a review unit of the Duet... ok, I still have it because I suck at returning things.

I really like it. I loved the XLR outs. I could go right from my iPad to a mixing board at a gig if I wanted to.

I had a review unit of the Duet... ok, I still have it because I suck at returning things.

I really like it. I loved the XLR outs. I could go right from my iPad to a mixing board at a gig if I wanted to.
This is pretty neat if you're running backing tracks with Auria:

I hadn't thought of that. I was using JamUP as my FX rig. It works pretty good. I have an IKMultimedia BlueBoard to use as a footswitch.

I still have the Apogee One which I like also.

I'll never use mine on stage for the kinds of gigs that I play but it was nice to see them demo that. My iPad is onstage for OnSong (which works like shit with the syncing) and the QSC Touchmix app (which also barely works most of the time).

I would think so.

@El Borrachito hipped me to a sale Avid was having for upgrades to Pro Tools 11 for $199 so I just upgraded from 8 to 11 yesterday and then discovered that my ilok was out of date so I had to order a new one of those too for $45.

I'm not sure although it is set up I think to export easily into ProTools

I have the Avid product plus Protools that I bought a couple of years ago when I had the MI Reunion. Never fired it up but it may look like I may have a reason too. All of my older recordings were done with Cubase 4.

I have the Avid product plus Protools that I bought a couple of years ago when I had the MI Reunion. Never fired it up but it may look like I may have a reason too. All of my older recordings were done with Cubase 4.
Depending on your OS and computer that interface might be a doorstop even though you've never used it. Sadly I know from experience.

Since I ended up needing to use this on my desk as well I ordered this bracket thing for $35 to make life easier and the cables cleaner. When I want to use it with the ipad I just disconnect the USB cable from the computer and plug in the supplied lightening cable for the iDevices....took a little assembly but its $120 cheaper than the breakout box that Apogee sells for the same purpose:
IMG_1268.JPG
IMG_0931.JPG
IMG_0930.JPG
IMG_0932.JPG

You know -- it's funny. I know a lot about guitars and a lot about computers, but the combination of those two things scares the shit out of me!

Back