What do you make for your kids?

BlockInlay

Octavate.band
Looking for new meal ideas for stuff to make for my 2 year old. Preferably stuff that can be made ahead, packed in individual servers, and either re-heated or served as is.

He's generally a good eater. Loves most vegetables, cheese, pasta, some chicken, fruit, etc. Allergic to eggs and peanuts and possibly mustard seed.

Thanks!

Mine's a little younger than yours, but we get the "healthy" hot dogs and chicken nuggets to throw in the microwave, and he goes to town on those. Also, he'll plow through broccoli and peas, so we buy bags of those frozen and heat them up as needed. I make a batch of applesauce, then heat it up and mix it with some kind of hot cereal mix, and he digs that. The cereal makes it gooey enough to stick to the spoon long enough for him to get it in his mouth. We do toast at least once a day--some whole grain thing, toasted and cut into strips with nothing on it (or sometimes peanut butter, tho you could do nut butter of some kind). Also, kids will eat hummus with a spoon, and there isn't much better food in terms of kid nutrition--calorie- and nutrient-dense, good fats, fiber, and on and on.

Bolognese sauce for pasta
Chicken/beef/pork/lamb casserole

Easy to make and good for freezing

Back