Hot or Not? Eastwood LaBaye 2x4 Reissue

Elias Graves

Common misfit
image.jpg
image.jpg
https://eastwoodcustoms.com/projects/la-baye-2x4/

Someone at Eastwood was sitting around at the company Christmas party last year, either drunk or high (probably both), and was shooting the shit with his fellow Eastwooders. Amidst the discussions of world peace, Keynesian economics, and hot wings, someone voiced that thought, 'What is the absolutely the most stupid old guitar model anyone could possibly reissue? We should do that sometime." And so they did.

Crowdfunded - they figured only a few would jump in (a $150 deposit into a total of $399 or $599, depending on the model). They were looking for $2000 to start, and so far have pledges of over $15,000 :eek:.

I would be interested in the $599 model, but honestly the novelty would wear off fast. There are too many options to sink 6 bills into.

Those were originally made by Holman-Woodel (a company in Kansas) for Henri's Music (which is out of business nowadays) in Green Bay. I remember seeing a few of them hanging from the walls, when I went up to Henri's years ago for some guitar stuff (I bought a few guitars from them back in the day). The Robbs (a semi-well known band from Milwaukee), endorsed La Baye Guitars for a while in 1967.

Crowdfunded - they figured only a few would jump in (a $150 deposit into a total of $399 or $599, depending on the model). They were looking for $2000 to start, and so far have pledges of over $15,000 :eek:.

I would be interested in the $599 model, but honestly the novelty would wear off fast. There are too many options to sink 6 bills into.

People bought Pontiac Azteks too ya know.... lol

Ok, I honestly really like that. It looks like it would make a great weapon if some drunk guy tried jumping on stage to assault you for not playing freebird.

Ok, I honestly really like that. It looks like it would make a great weapon if some drunk guy tried jumping on stage to assault you for not playing freebird.

I don't think that guitar has Free Bird in it. You better be prepared to fend off the drunken rednecks.

Back