What are you working on this week?

Mark Wein

Grand Poobah
Staff member
I'm going to be exploring some of the stuff I worked out on my gig Saturday night...I think I have a bit of a new direction...

Lots of chunky style rhythm guitar. Ala Judas Priest rhythm on their classic hits of the 80's. Dunno why but I'm getting into hair metal again.

Various songs on Rocksmith. I pretty much have Knights of Cydonia down so I'm happy with that. I prefer playing along with a song than a backing track and just noodling (though I do that as well). So Rocksmith is pretty fun for me given my lack of confidence, lack of time and lack of anyone to play with :embarrassed:

I might spring for some extra DLC the idea of trying to play some Disturbed songs interests me...though I never have before

I have 6 tunes that I am learning for an audition on Saturday.

As for improve, still working on the half-step up on pentatonic scales over Dominant chords. Introducing the usage of Quartal harmony.

One thing over and over, getting a small fragment of the diminished whole/half scale into my playing so it's "natural" - namely, playing over a dominant chord with the blues scale (mix of major and minor)but dropping in a H/W/H sequence going b5, #5 and Maj6. Pretty cool sound.

Back