Black Friday would be an especially bad day to go to GC, right?

3feff21bb453dcd9df78b4377c298e93f86c4622d87b0355e7edaf1dd170d0b6.jpg

I've always had great service from these folks. You get a real break if you buy 10 sets at a time.
Why go to to Guitar Center to have some pimply faced skinny guy with oily red hair look down his pierced nose at you?
I hate going to GC. I don't need t be treated like a rock star but the combination of disdain for the middle age guy without tattoos combined with my own irritation at the sales people's complete lack of real knowledge about what they are selling is usually a bad place to start.

The only acceptable place to shop on Black Friday is the liquor store.

I’ll probably end up there at some point today. Liquor is the only thing that stifles this damned cough I’ve got. I’ve sucked down 3/4 of a bottle of rum in three days.

I hate going to GC. I don't need t be treated like a rock star but the combination of disdain for the middle age guy without tattoos combined with my own irritation at the sales people's complete lack of real knowledge about what they are selling is usually a bad place to start.

Yuppers! The salespeople often treat you like you're a clueless moron who hardly knows how to play guitar (especially of you're not there to buy the latest flavor of the month for gear). Oh yeah, and add in the lousy selection (at least here at the local GC), and "deals" that oftentimes really aren't good deals, for good measure.

this is what i think of whenever i hear about black friday:

I happen to like that song! I've had "Peace Sells, But Who's Buying" since it came out in 1986. The opening riffs to "Bad Omen" are a blast to play! Chris Poland just rips on the opening solo! I saw him perform at a clinic for Yamaha guitars a few years ago, at Cascio Music. He still has the goods playingwise, and was a nice guy to boot. He plays a lot of fusion nowadays, but is getting together a band composed of ex-Megadeth members.

I guess I'm lucky: my local GC (Santa Clara) is OK -- the salespeople leave you alone unless you need help and aren't totally clueless (at least the ones NOT behind the checkout counter -- they're pretty dim.) I still end up buying a lot of my gear online, but I give GC some business, too.

Back