yc1sqajxiq6ltphwtngd.jpg

Kramer Prototype Vintage 1985 Vanguard Voyager Hybrid

KRAMER PROTOTYPE - FACTORY SAMPLE

CIRCA 1985

VANGUARD/VOYAGER HYBRID BODY STYLE

NEVER INTRODUCED INTO FULL PRODUCTION

VERY GOOD CONDITION

Grab it before its gone forever!

If you're in the market for a rare, true 1980's METAL GUITAR, this is it! Why pay the same price OR MORE for a new, lesser quality, terribly boring guitar? Get something with a little history behind it!

This circa 1985 KRAMER VANGUARD/VOYAGER FACTORY SAMPLE is in very good shape, all things considered. It orignally came in with an early black headstock Kramer "beak" Striker neck and original Floyd Rose without fine tuners (see my other listings for them). I switched them for a matching red headstock pointy Striker neck circa 1986-87 and a refurbished Floyd Rose circa 1989.

I've talked to a few Kramer fanatics about this guitar, and this guitar is definitely a rare one that never went into full production. Kramer was the #1 guitar manufacturer of the 1980's and they made a massive amount of them during this era. This is one experiment that never saw mass production. I have had unusual Voyager variants come through here, but nothing like this one.

The body is a Focus series Vanguard/Voyager style and it is in very good shape. No major damage to wing tips etc. It's solid as a rock. There are a couple of common minor neck pocket hairlines, but it's all cosmetic. The neck is a good fit, although it has been shimmed to raise it up a little. You can easily change necks on this guitar if you want. It came in with a USA Kramer neck plate that is included.

Frets are in very good condition. Guitar plays well. Low medium comfortable action. Intonation is good, although it's a late 80's era Floyd and the saddles could be better. The guitar is basically a collectors item/show piece at this point. Although it plays nice, i don't think I'd use it as my main guitar. I know alot of Kramer collectors would like this one to hang in the mancave...

Electronics have been tested and work. No major issues with scratchy pots, noises, etc. Pickups are original Schaller OEM for Kramers of this period.

The back cavity control cover is a somewhat crude, but effective clear replacement. it appears that it's a standard route and if you can find an old Voyager/Vanguard back plate, it should be a perfect fit.

Structurally, the guitar is solid as a rock. No headstock repairs etc.

There are of course, little scratches and dings here and there on this guitar, but nothing ugly. Just the little stuff that adds character and charm.

This guitar sounds amazing, plays great, and looks beautiful.

Many sellers don't even mention this stuff, but I like to. Please see all of the pictures. I've done my best to capture all the little details and describe this guitar as accurately as possible.

Bottom line: If you're looking for a cool guitar, without breaking the bank, this one's for you. This guitar is in truly great condition for its age. Grab it before somebody else does!

Back in the day (circa 1986) my first "real" guitar was a Kramer Striker 500st. I am unable to find pics of the exact guitar I had on the Internet. My guitar had the banana shaped headstock and it had two humbuckers. Never wore spandex though. :embarrassed:

I assume one must obtain some sort of permit from the local police to own something like that, so I am not interested.

I am at a loss for words.

I kind of dig it, though.

I'm sure they want WAY too much money for it, but if it was $300 or something, I'd buy it just to have it.

Andy hates us during Thanksgiving week. Why, Andy? Why?!? :cry:

:helper:

Last edited:
It’s an interesting guitar. Seller is only asking $695, so at least it’s not absurdly expensive.

Back