Am I back in Baltimore?

Gary Blanchard

beloved, local musician
I just got a message that classes at the college tomorrow are cancelled due to "anticipated inclement weather." I thought I was in New England. o_O

Snow storm the day before a major holiday? You can figure that most folks weren't gonna show up anyway. Throw in some snow and now nobody is gonna show up. May as well cancel it.

Gary, I bet Dunkin Donuts isn't closing!

That's how you know it is REALLY bad outside.
True, dat.

I have an 8:embarrassed:0 AM appointment tomorrow; with school closed, my next appointment won't be until 3:embarrassed:0 PM. I have phone numbers with me for those afternoon/evening appointments and will call them to cancel according to what is actually happening, rather than what the Weather Channel (also known as the "The Sky is Falling Channel") has to say.

True, dat.

I have an 8:embarrassed:0 AM appointment tomorrow; with school closed, my next appointment won't be until 3:embarrassed:0 PM. I have phone numbers with me for those afternoon/evening appointments and will call them to cancel according to what is actually happening, rather than what the Weather Channel (also known as the "The Sky is Falling Channel") has to say.

What's the over/under on the storm total for you guys down there?

Me? I'm saying 4 inches up here. Enough to be a PITA, but not enough to cause the latest, greatest "Snow-Pocolypse".

Pretty Meh, actually.

And the Weather Channel sucks, no doubt about it. Especially up here where the elevation changes quickly. They're never fucking right. I have heard 16-24" and gotten 3". I've heard 3-6" and gotten 18".

Nobody knows.

But you can always count on Dunkin Donuts.
:wink:

So, at 9:embarrassed:8 we have rain. Latest forecast on my NPR station is rain until about 2 or 3 PM, then about 3-5" of snow. My classes would have been over at 1:15. Oh well, I am paid either way, but not so for a lot of support staff who now lose hours or have to take leave over an inflated snow prediction. :rolleyes:

So, at 9:embarrassed:8 we have rain. Latest forecast on my NPR station is rain until about 2 or 3 PM, then about 3-5" of snow. My classes would have been over at 1:15. Oh well, I am paid either way, but not so for a lot of support staff who now lose hours or have to take leave over an inflated snow prediction. :rolleyes:

Time for a Bavarian Creme donut and a medium dark-roast coffee at the drive-thru, methinks.
:wink:

P.S. Hasn't started up here yet. Looking at the radar forecast, it appears to be all rain, then magically turn into all snow across the board at around 1:embarrassed:0 pm. Un-huh.......I'm not holding my breath.

I gotta go to a Dunkin' Donuts. Never have-none around me. I see commercials all the time.
You're not missing anything. Watery coffee and mass produced donuts. Meh.

There's one on every corner here and I rarely go there. The mom and pop donut shops make a better donut.

Back