Gear turn over time Z-Vex Wah Probe

Never heard of this...

It was a bass practice amp. Volume and tone, 15 watts, 6v6 power tubes.

Musicmaster.jpg

Like an Allen Hot Fudge? :embarrassed:

Musicmaster is a weird beast.

Low B+ voltages keep the cathode-biased power tubes pretty cold; transformer for a PI; the preamp could be close to a Tweed or Brown Fender but the caps are all relative small values to filter out all the low-end and lower-mids.

It was designed as a "cheap" bass amp...so anything the simple amp couldn't handle (big, boomy low end) was engineered right to Ground. It does have it's cult following as a guitar amp.

Last edited:
I really don't think that anything beats the sound of an old Fender. But I have 2 non-operational Bandmasters in the barn at the moment. I've lost my interest in vintage amps.

I really don't think that anything beats the sound of an old Fender. But I have 2 non-operational Bandmasters in the barn at the moment. I've lost my interest in vintage amps.
Why haven't you gotten them fixed? They make pretty good bass amps. :grin:

I don't consider anything made in my lifetime vintage :embarrassed:

Why haven't you gotten them fixed? They make pretty good bass amps. :grin:

I don't consider anything made in my lifetime vintage :embarrassed:
It's on the list... It will eventually happen, and then I'll sell one and hang onto the other. Or sell both. They sounded great when they worked.

They are an amp I keep my eye on. I got it for a pretty good price, but I just found one on CL locally that is a little cheaper.

I lucked out and found a used SF Vibro Champ for $60 through the recycler some 15+ years ago before the crazy climb in prices.

They were selling for 8 bits or less maybe a decade ago.

That is as bad as BF Deluxes. I should've bought a used one in the early 90's for about 3-4, now forget about it. Cheaper to build a clone.

I lucked out and found a used SF Vibro Champ for $60 through the recycler some 15+ years ago before the crazy climb in prices.

That is as bad as BF Deluxes. I should've bought a used one in the early 90's for about 3-4, now forget about it. Cheaper to build a clone.

They go for $350 to $500 these days.

Back