Who is the 'draw' in your band?

That is why gigging bands fail and break apart. They forget that it is the audience they are playing to. When they forget that, it is best that they remain in the rehearsal studio as that is who they will playing for.

Most bands fail and fall apart because of money. Or lack thereof. Big artists have tons of money yo spend on marketing and promotion

Most bands fail and fall apart because of money. Or lack thereof. Big artists have tons of money yo spend on marketing and promotion

That is why small bands need to be creative and use what is available. When you are in an upcoming band, you can't point to the big artists and say they have this and that and we don't. That in itself is an unfair comparison.

I remember bands like Motley Crue and Ratt back in the 80's walking the streets of Hollywood posting banners up, having rent parties and doing everything possible just for potential fans would come and see them. They had no money and were having people crash at their pad bringing food and everything else for them.

I'm the cute one, but our non-friends and family fans are mostly musicians. Some come for the vocal harmonies, some come for the arrangements, some come for the playing.

It's totally me yo!

The ladies love a fat, bald, middle aged white dude that can sing. :)

Actually, while I do the overwhelming majority of lead vocals, the bass player and drummer each sing a couple/few songs,

They all have more friends than me...

In my cover bands all three of us in each band draw pretty equally if you average it out over the years worth of shows...some places draw more folks for some guys than others. My original band obviously I am the main draw but the other guys are great about letting folks know when we are playing because they dig the gigs.

Back