Hot or Not? Jimmy Page Dragon Tele Replica

:eyeomfg:9.5 pounds...

That would be a bonus...

My Strat:

CheckerBoard_Weight.jpg

:eyeomfg:9.5 pounds...

yeah, that's a bit heavier than I prefer as well. I figure if it's a bit too heavy, I can get my friend to swimming pool under the pickguard to reduce it.

Seller stated the pickups are the Fender Original Vintage set. I would probably swap out the neck pickup for one that is RW/RP from the bridge and drop a 4 way switch into it. I probably have one in my parts drawer that will do the trick.

thats one of the best dragon teles ive seen.
most you cant even see the dragon at all where this one its clear.

kind of heavy though at 9.5lbs. thats really heavy for a tele.

here is the real one where i outlined the parts of the dragon.

he even did what page did and used the ash grain lines as smoke coming from the nose.

he used the dragon on almost everything on the first album only. after he got his LP
from Joe Walsh he almost immediately stopped playing the tele (literally 2 weeks after he bought the LP it was seen on stage in SFCA) then he busted it out on 4 but just for stairway...

he has it set up string through though which is wrong.
Pages tele had the ferrules for string through but also a top load bridge which he used.

those are not Fender OV pickups

OV has white wire for lead on the neck and only 2 tabs
and that neck pickup cover has been removed
once or twice

nothing deal breaking but something to consider.

For Page tele tones I use Fralin STock which would be accurate for a late 58-early 59 tele

Last edited:
So after multiple e-mails, it seemed we were going to make the trade. I asked him for his name and contact number and if he would be able to meet today for the transaction. He gives me his first name and a phone number and says I can text to this phone number but not to call at that time. He states that he can meet on Friday (today). This morning, I knew I would be on his side of town so I texted him a few hours ahead of time to see if he could meet. When I attempted to send the text, my phone indicated it was a land line....:messedup: I followed up with an e-mail to let him know my availability would be. Never heard back. I attempted to call him and it was a non-working number...:mad: I e-mailed again from my cell to let him know I was on his side of town and had the trade with me and to call me. That was 12 hours ago. Never heard back from him to at least give me the simple courtesy that he had decided not to go through with the trade. I'm ok with that. Just don't jerk me around...:facepalm:

lame...thats a cool tele

you could easily build your own that would be better anyway.
the only hard part is the painting but for a real artist that is nothing. Its not like Page
was a Rembrandt.
just find a good/decent artist (trained) and give them $100 to do it.
Im sure even a good tattoo artist can do that in 30 minutes.
just find an artist that is comfortable in whatever paint Page originally used (probably acrylic)

and the guard is just a clear guard wrapped in mylar.

Last edited:
Back