Anybody know why there is a light blue VW Bug in every episode of Adam 12?

Foo

sub pop
Has anyone noticed the light blue VW Bug that appears in many of the street scenes of Adam 12? I was wondering if anyone knew anything about it. Is it stock footage rolling on a green screen when they are in the car or did a producer or someone have a bug they were so proud of they had to get it into every show? I know the bug was popular back then. Is it just coincidental that a blue bug shows up in so many episodes? This was copied from the question I asked in the Adam 12 website. Anybody know anything aboot it?

Stock footage, I'm guessing. Haven't seen the show in decades, so I don't know if they filmed in a prop car on a set, or they actually shot on location. But it's usually easy to tell the difference.

yeah. i'll look closer next time i see it. sometimes the car is sitting at the curb or something. I suppose it's just a random bug. I think they were pretty popular then. It just seems kinda fishy sometimes like somebody is putting it in there on purpose like les nesman's band-aid on WKRP in Cincinnati or something.

Been awhile since I've seen Adam 12

I do remember the guys from the TV show Emergency were on it occasionally though.

I wonder if the studios owned a fleet of cars to use as set dressing pieces, and the bug was one of them. I guess it could be stock footage too.

apropos of nothing, Jack Webb was the worst actor to ever appear on network TV.

and I saw Adam 12 twice during my daytime TV binge yesterday.

MeTV rocks.

apropos of nothing, Jack Webb was the worst actor to ever appear on network TV.

and I saw Adam 12 twice during my daytime TV binge yesterday.

MeTV rocks.
Been watching MeTV and Antenna TV alot lately. Jack Webb and Dragnet are hilarious.

I still play slug bug with my dog. She rides in the truck with me alot and when I see one I say slug bug and pretend to beat on her.

Back