Car guys, for used car, Subaru Outback?, Forester?, or . . . ?

So we drove, had checked out by a mechanic, and are going to make an offer on a 2005 Suby Outback XT Limited, with manual tranny. The thing screams! Also, the owner is obviously very particular about maintenance and service intervals. He is selling basically because he is newly married and his wife does not want to own a car with a stick. Hopefully we can pick this car up at a good price. My wife will be the primary driver of this one. She really likes it and I am excited for her to have a nice, very well performing and handing, car.

http://saltlakecity.craigslist.org/cto/4749666925.html

Ok, to cap off the thread, here are a couple New Turbo Day pics! Man it was fun to drive on the way home! I am a bit jealous of my wife's new daily driver. looking forward to my own now. (2005 VW Passat Wagon TDI, converted to manual tranny). Meanwhile, here is my wife's new ride:

190DEB25-3D58-4604-9C71-E894A618082C_zpstrczuk22.jpg~original

42DCBE30-58E3-4B53-8B7F-934BCBBDEFBB_zpso4uwne9h.jpg~original

2288773B-2AD8-41BC-A1AF-45D4A96A2B0F_zps4yqwpnel.jpg~original

DB7E0EDF-83BD-41D1-8BAA-00D088BD777E_zpsfawg6jfr.jpg~original

New Idaho plates will be on the way soon.

Looks great!

Why is she driving the Turbo again?

Because I gave my wife a few nice cars over the years, and it never worked out well.....

Looks great!

Why is she driving the Turbo again?

Because I gave my wife a few nice cars over the years, and it never worked out well.....
Because she wanted a manual, and leather and this one has those things, and she is a sporty girl who drives very well. :grin:

Back