NBUkuleleD

profgalen

Helper
I was in SA when I saw this. I'm not really a bass player but when I picked it up I couldn't stop playing it. When I plugged it into an amp I was sold. The Shadow pre-amp sounds great. The silicon strings make it sound more like an up-right bass. Huge sound from such a small thing.
13e94e2532ecd21a05aa660f75d4a7ee.jpg
b8e22993ffa4f987d52959023ef5435d.jpg
4aba02b216931763d50abe5dd19a570b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So, how bassy are those? Maybe I could get my wife to play one. :idea:
Very bassy. Like an up-right. Very easy to play. I was wrong about silicon strings. They are some type of rubbery plastic. Silicon can get sticky. These don't. It would make a great instrument for a beginner.

I've considered trying to get my wife to play bass but she has back trouble and can't deal with heavy guitars and she is wimpy about anything but nylon strings, so this would be ideal. I think I'll talk with Carol, then with Yvonne. Thanks. :grin:

Does your wife have multiple personality disorder? I have a Mormon friend who married a girl with MPD so he could practice polygamy legally.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
:grin:

Nope. Carol is my wife, Yvonne is the head of Luna Guitars and helps hook me up with stuff. :wink:

Would I need a bass amp, or could I run this through the PA system?

:grin:

Nope. Carol is my wife, Yvonne is the head of Luna Guitars and helps hook me up with stuff. :wink:

Would I need a bass amp, or could I run this through the PA system?
I was joking, but thanks for clearing that up.
I don't think you would have any problem running through the PA at moderate levels as long as you have good cross-overs on your speakers to protect the horn/tweeters. You would want to avoid distortion.

I was joking, but thanks for clearing that up.
I don't think you would have any problem running through the PA at moderate levels as long as you have good cross-overs on your speakers to protect the horn/tweeters. You would want to avoid distortion.
I figured you were joking but I did realize that was a bit unclear. I must be practicing to be a politician.

I guess, if I go for this, I'll get a bass amp as well. Even of Carol isn't interested, it will give me a way to record bass other than keyboards. Also, what is the tuning?

Also, what is the tuning?
E A D G one octive lower than a guitar. Same as a bass guitar. The strings need some stretching in but stay in tune fine afterward. The large diameter of the strings allow them to be tuned so low. Tension is loose and easy to play. Your fingers should fall right between the frets. If they fall on the fret, even slightly, the notes could buzz. I'm not sure how it would sound played slap style. I don't play very aggressively.

E A D G one octive lower than a guitar. Same as a bass guitar. The strings need some stretching in but stay in tune fine afterward. The large diameter of the strings allow them to be tuned so low. Tension is loose and easy to play. Your fingers should fall right between the frets. If they fall on the fret, even slightly, the notes could buzz. I'm not sure how it would sound played slap style. I don't play very aggressively.
Carol has small fingers and I don't imagine she'd play slap style, though she has wanted to slap me a time or two. :grin:

Thanks. I've often thought of having Carol play bass, and this could really work.

Back