FS: 2000 PRS Goldtop McCarty w/moons

altoidman

aka McCartyman
SOLD!

2000 Goldtop PRS McCarty with stunning moons and a killer wide fat profile chunky neck. Brushed nickel 57/08's installed and setup by the PRS Technical Center (PTC) in 2012. Includes OHSC w/Eagle hang tag. Some pick swirls and a small nick in the top of the headstock. $1450 + $50 shipping to lower 48.

DSC_0307_zps8481714c.jpg

DSC_0309_zpsefff3f26.jpg

DSC_0310_zps4369d29b.jpg

DSC_0312_zpsbd1f0ed7.jpg

DSC_0315_zps1a1401bc.jpg

DSC_0314_zps6ef2116f.jpg

DSC_0316_zps0fa741a1.jpg

DSC_0064_zps3bd2c780.jpg

2011-07-04101045HDR_zps2706617c.jpg

2011-07-04101145_zps59d50098.jpg

2011-07-04102653HDR_zps792b0809.jpg

2011-07-04102709_zps4c5a722c.jpg

Last edited:
Wow, that's an awesome price. If I wasn't already strapped and trying to get gear money I would be on that right now. :eek:

I'm shocked I didn't get any Reverend trade offers. I'm interested in McFeely's too :)

Well - I have a Flatroc....but I would lack the additional cash so i didn't make the offer. Had I the cash the offer indeed would have been made.

Heh, IME V's and beer guts just don't get along and my impressive girth makes them a bad body style for me, unfortunately.

I'm a pretty big guy and am carrying a 1/2 barrel at least in the beer gut. I still rock a V fine. :wink:

Sent from my iPhone at a Tijuana donkey show.

Please note: We do not make money off the shipping, the weight and size of the box required for shipping this guitar kicks it into “dimensional weight” calculation. Shipping cost will vary depending on how close or how far you live from our location (East Tennessee). To those of you living on the West Coast shipping will cost you $59. and that includes full insurance, to most other locations shipping will be less and for those living near us it will be as low as $38. To get an exact fully insured shipping quote before you bid please just contact us with your city and zip code. (We do not use the Ebay shipping calculator because it is always higher than our actual shipping cost and this is because we have a contracted scheduled lower rate with UPS.)
After this auction ends please wait for us to send you an invoice with the corrected shipping amount before you make your payment… thank you.

We were a longtime authorized PRS Dealer and had the opportunity over the years to stash away a few new PRS guitars that we felt exceptional and or that we felt had significant historical significance… in other words, guitars that we deemed to be special. This PRS McCarty Korina guitar is one of the first 500 ever produced of this model and so, as a special bonus promo, PRS crafted the fingerboard out of Brazilian rosewood on the first 500, which is why we stashed this one away. It was shipped to us directly from PRS. It was never sold, was never on display, never played or even shown to customers. It has been stored away in its case packed in the original factory shipping carton ever since we received it straight from the PRS Factory and is of course totally original and in EXCELLENT+ condition with just ever so slightly a bit of natural aging to the nickel pickup covers which does occur when one is stored away in the case over a period of time. Our experienced professional instrument technician has thoroughly inspected, tested, and adjusted this guitar, as we do with all our instruments, so that it will arrive in the best possible playing condition. I of course had to play it for a couple of minutes in order to evaluate it for you… and this one was a real treat. Beautifully finished in a high gloss “Vintage Burst” that really accentuates the natural grain of the wood, as you can see this is one very handsome guitar and to be perfectly honest the pictures, as good as they look, do not quite do this one justice. Korina is the African wood Gibson used to build some of their most legendary models such as the original Explorer and Flying V. Considered by many experts to be a “super” or “deluxe mahogany”, korina does strongly resemble mahogany in both grain and tone characteristics. Most experts also agree that korina is generally sweeter, more responsive, and lighter weight than regular mahogany. This guitar certainly supports those claims because it is an absolute tone machine, with great warm tone that is rich and clear with loads of sweet singing sustain and it is noticeably lighter in weight than a regular McCarty model… weighs approx 6 pounds 13 ounces.
Carved faced Korina body, Korina neck (“wide fat” neck carve similar to a vintage ’59 LP) with 22-fret special Brazilian rosewood fingerboard with optional abalone “Bird” inlays that are very colorful on this one, please see pictures). The pickups are PRS humbucking McCarty Treble (bridge) and McCarty Bass (neck). Ted McCarty himself taught PRS a unique manufacturing process that along with the vintage alnico magnet and nickel-silver covers account for the silvery smooth tone. The tone control on this model is a push-pull coil split, giving the option of going from humbucker to single-coil and adding even more variety to the rich tonal combinations… whether clean or overdriven, this guitar delivers in big time. Truly one fine guitar with exceptionally sweet rich tone, extremely classy, and not only a model no longer offered by PRS but one of the first ever produced and so with the limited bonus Brazilian fingerboard. The 2009 MSRP on a McCarty Korina model with the add-on “Bird inlays” option was $4,177.00 which does not include the added value of the Brazilian fretboard which was never an offered upgrade option and so only found on the first 500 produced.

Image Hosting by Vendio

Image Hosting by Vendio

Image Hosting by Vendio

Image Hosting by Vendio

Image Hosting by Vendio

Image Hosting by Vendio

Also included is the original PRS hardshell case with all the original case candy… including adjusting wrenches, warranty card, hangtags, case keys, everything that came with it straight from the factory. Additionally we are providing an extra bit of provenance seldom included and that is the original PRS dealer packing slip.

Image Hosting by Vendio

Image Hosting by Vendio

PLEASE be sure to check out our other auctions, we have some great pieces listed this week:
Click here to view our other auctions.
We have been selling fine instruments and amplifiers since 1970, so you can always bid with confidence on our auctions and good luck to all. Shipping is to USA any of the lower 48 States and UPS to the West Coast will be $58. properly packed and fully insured via UPS… the closer you are to us (Tennessee) the lower your shipping will be (as low as $38.) so to get an exact fully insured shipping quote before you bid please just contact us with your city and zip code and if you win the auction please wait for us to send you an invoice so that we can adjust your shipping cost accordingly. Interested bidders from Alaska and Hawaii please email your address to us before bidding so that we can calculate a USPS shipping quote for you… thank you.

Simply Powerful eCommerce

More than just a pretty picture. Try Vendio Image Hosting.

:ban:

Back