Hartung Guitars Embrace Worntage Classic in Nitro Teaburst

Mark Wein

Grand Poobah
Staff member
Hartung Guitars Embrace Worntage Classic in Nitro Teaburst

http://rebel-guitars.com/hartung-guitars-embrace-worntage-classic-in-teaburst/

Hartung-Embrace-Classic-Worntage-1.jpg

Here is a Hartung Embrace Worntage Classic in Nitro Teaburst. The Embrace model feature Hartung’s unique “flow-carving” design. With contour lines running fluidly into the surface of the body as if two top planks are melting into each other, flow carving is what gives the bodies their 3-D appearance. The Worntage Classic version is a nod to the famous late 50s singlecut design with a Mahogany body and Curly Maple Top in a beautiful Teaburst nitro finish, with aged nickel hardware and Ray Gerold humbuckers.

Hartung-Embrace-Classic-935.jpg

• Model: Embrace Worntage Classic
  • Body: Mahogany
  • Top: Curly Maple
  • Neck: Mahogany
  • Fingerboard: Rosewood (Bound)
  • Frets: 22 Medium Jumbo
  • Scale: 25″
  • Inlays: Mother of Pearl Crown
  • Pickups: Ray Gerold Customshop
  • Controls: Vol, Vol, Tone, Tone (push/pull), 3-way Toggle Switch
  • Bridge: Tone-O-Matic, Stoptail
  • Tuners: Grover Deluxe
  • Hardware: Nickel
  • Color: Nitro Teaburst
  • Other: Ebony Headstock
$5995.00 + shipping

Very interesting and not horrible. That said, not my choice for an LP-style guit. Also eff that price (just to be the first with obligatory price complaint).

I like what they did to the cutaway and the top horn but not the carves on the top.

I hate to disagree with everyone, but that puts the Ugh in ugly. I think the shape of the cutout and upper bout are horrible, and the whole weird carve thing does nothing for me aesthetically.

I hate to disagree with everyone, but that puts the Ugh in ugly. I think the shape of the cutout and upper bout are horrible, and the whole weird carve thing does nothing for me aesthetically.

I hate to say it, too, but that was my reaction, as well. Seeing the price just sealed it's fate, for me.

Stellar design, stellar top, great paint job. Not that I’d drop six grand on a guitar, but if I were going to this one would make it seem justifiable.

Back