Why did I wait so long to buy a headstock clip on tuner?

They are nice. I had an Intellitouch when they came out in the 90's. Piece of crap it was and it was like 70 bucks. Was handy though when I was at Bluegrass jams. They are much better and much cheaper now

I'm lucky. My two acoustic/electrics have built-in tuners and I just bought a Snark pedal tuner for the electrics. I do have a clip-on tuner for the acoustic and the banjo.

I don't have a need for a clip-on, but I'm finding that some of the Peterson tuners - iPad/iPhone app, really - have some extremely cool features that human ears can't replicate, like spectralism.

Spectral music isn't for everyone, obviously. But you would've needed a computer for that only a few years ago. And they have presets for string instruments.

I've had the Reverb one at home for a while but I finally took a snark from our retail inventory and I've been using it around work quite a bit. Super handy.

They are nice. I had an Intellitouch when they came out in the 90's. Piece of crap it was and it was like 70 bucks. Was handy though when I was at Bluegrass jams. They are much better and much cheaper now

The Intellitouch's are much better now and love mine. I own a couple as well as a Snark that I got free from a Just Strings promo. The clip on are great for jams and certain open mics. Outside of that my pedalboard handles the tuning chores.

"Why did I wait so long to buy a headstock clip on tuner?"

Because you didn't find enough cans on the roadside to afford it?

I've got a Peterson Strobo-Flip. I use it to setup bridges mostly. And sometimes to get ready to record, but the Snark def sees more everyday use.

"Why did I wait so long to buy a headstock clip on tuner?"

For the same reason I waited so long to start wearing socks with sandals and eating more fiber.
Is the fiber from eating the worn out sandals?

I love Snarks. The first time I used an electronic tuner was when my (then) 4 year old son made me take out my guitar for the first time in years. It sounded like a new guitar. Strangely, it helped my tuning a guitar (at least to itself). I seem to hear when the strings sing the same without the endless fiddle up, down, etc.

I always used my harmonica for tuning instruments until the night I tried tuning a mandolin in a noisy club. I bought an Intelitouch clip-on the next day.

I always used my harmonica for tuning instruments until the night I tried tuning a mandolin in a noisy club. I bought an Intelitouch clip-on the next day.

Amen to that. :)
That's another nice thing about 'em. Everybody else at the jam doesn't have to stop noodling while I tuneup.

I got the red Snark and it's the only tuner I have that will tune my 8-string quick and accurately. I bought a Fishman when it was on sale really cheap and love it for my acoustics.

Back