Cider for later tonight

Jbird

Kick Henry Jackassowski
I bought a six pack of these:

Strongbow-Honey-Apple.jpg

I've never had a Strongbow before, hopefully they'll be tasty :beer:

I drink Strongbow and very often get hassled for it because it's generally seen as gut rot :grin:

They don't do that one over here, it's just been normal apple cider for years but they brought out a dark fruits one which is pretty nice if youo can get it really cold.

Are they a sweet cider or a dry cider?

The last cider I bought, about a month ago, was Crispin blackberry pear. No sweetness at all to them despite the berry flavor.

I like the Strongbow because it's not a sickly-sweet that some of the other major brands are over here.

I generally top off a Strongbow with a Guiness and as long as it's poured right, the gravity will hold.
9ea25ab766d8b514fd286c74a23654eb.jpg
[

I like the Strongbow because it's not a sickly-sweet that some of the other major brands are over here.

I generally top off a Strongbow with a Guiness and as long as it's poured right, the gravity will hold.

Black and Blue (The Tina Turner): Guinness and Blue Moon (or a Blueberry beer such as Sweetwater Blue)
Black and Tan: Guinness and Bass
Half and Half: Guinness and Harp
Snakebite: Guinness and Cider (Magners preferably)
Dirty Hippie: Guinness and Sweetwater 420 (or any extra pale ale)
Black and Purple: Guinness and Abita Purple Haze (or other raspberry beers)
Black Magic: Guinness and Magic Hat

http://beerforgirls.wordpress.com/2...us-just-have-to-have-the-best-of-both-worlds/

Draw your own conclusions about the source site.....

I just had two black and blues tonight after work. :baimun:

At BW3's I have to order Black and Reds.... because they have Red's Ale on tap.

I've had Black and Fat (Fat Tire)

Black and Sam (Adams)

Blacksmiths (Guinness and Smithwicks)

I want to try a Black Monkey (Guinness and Golden Monkey 9.5%)

It wasn't bad at all. Not sugary sweet like a Kopperberg, it pretty much tasted like a honeycrisp apple w/ alcohol :embarrassed:

I wouldn't call it cider to be fair , regular strongbow is only about 37% apple juice, from concentrate too

/cider snob
9t9AR.png

Back