Show us your bike

504a0f497cfd975fe113352facdf7074.jpg

Got a new wheel for my b-day last week and I am back up and running!

Reactions: Tig
A few pic's using the Cube mounted to the top tube on my fixed gear. This is mostly the Alvin, TX area on a perfect day with temperatures in the 60's. I took videos but the constant leg action on both sides of the screen are a bit much.

The ultra wide road. Gravil trucks make this section a bit sketchy.
15630591511_3cc839c2be_o.jpg

A quiet country road.
15630591411_b3e77dbf35_b.jpg

A group heading the other way.
15630591421_8be0a7bc2d_b.jpg

A few pic's using the Cube mounted to the top tube on my fixed gear. This is mostly the Alvin, TX area on a perfect day with temperatures in the 60's. I took videos but the constant leg action on both sides of the screen are a bit much.

A quiet country road.

Glad your nuts weren't hanging any lower. :grin: That is pretty cool!

A quiet country road.

WEINER CAM

A quiet country road.

So you can't be a REAL cyclist because you don't shave your legs...:facepalm:

Or so I've heard :P

Well, if yer gonna' be that way, I'll make you suffer the short video! stirthepot
Some of the cracks in the road could easily swallow up a wide MTB tire, but I like the challenge and lack of cars.

Well, if yer gonna' be that way, I'll make you suffer the short video! stirthepot
Some of the cracks in the road could easily swallow up a wide MTB tire, but I like the challenge and lack of cars.

Do you have cross-ish tires on that SOMA for the big gaps? Gravel bikes are the way (well, at least one way) for a fun day!

PS, yuck! Knee crotches opening and closing! :wink: That, and I feel like a small terrier in a basket on one of those ladies' bikes watching that.

Oh so flat....the only place I see cracks like that in the road are where the hillside is slipping and undermining the road :eek:

or where the gravel trucks run regularly...they beat the crap out of the road

I rode with a paraplegic veteran today on our group ride. He had a hand cycle like the one below, but with deep carbon rims. He is interning at NASA but lives in Boise. The guy was plenty strong and kept up with our 19-22 MPH pace, even in nasty headwinds. He made several strong pulls. I told him he was doing great and would ride with him any day. :cool:

20140214-092656-fco-_MG_0261_1.jpg

Last edited:
Been off my bike for a while. Though I have a cheap rear tire from Nashbar coming to put on my old road bike, to put in my bike trainer, and an old computer with speakers to put DVD's into for training and distraction for use in my garage during the time I cannot ride much. Man, I miss my bike, though I love my skis. :wink:

Calvin.jpg

Anyone care to sponsor my mid-life crisis?

Might any of you fine folks be able to recommend a decent mountain or hybrid bike for $200-300. Obviously, I mean relative to the price range. I'm thinking Giant, but I've been out of the bike world for more than 20 years.

Might any of you fine folks be able to recommend a decent mountain or hybrid bike for $200-300. Obviously, I mean relative to the price range. I'm thinking Giant, but I've been out of the bike world for more than 20 years.

For that that price you may have to go used, but if you can find one that fits, it's not hard to find a good used Trek or Giant on CL. New, you can usually get something at least OK from Dick's or Performance Bike in that range, but for just a bit more you can get a new, nice entry-level Trek or Giant or the like.

FWIW I bought a GT 29er mtb last summer for under $350 on sale. Nothing special, but it has disc brakes and rides smoothly, even over flat pavement.

Back