Tonights downsized rig for the worlds tightest stage setup.

Mark Wein

Grand Poobah
Staff member
10653604_10152873743282425_3834119683513333939_n.jpg

I'll miss my Mobius most of all :(

I love seeing everyone's bare necessities board...makes you really think about your situation (if you gig) and what you just can't live without (whether you gig or not).

Whoa...the harlow made the cut...I guess it's a winner then...
I think its a great pedal. I never know until I actually get it on this gig though...I like having the compressor which allows me to leave the Wampler at home too.

I love seeing everyone's bare necessities board...makes you really think about your situation (if you gig) and what you just can't live without (whether you gig or not).

Hell I could get by with a clean amp and a Rat but where is the fun in that?

Interesting you have the compressor at the end. I'm usually the opposite. Are you using it as a boost?

(Edit: Just saw your settings. That would be a "yes" I think. :) )

Interesting you have the compressor at the end. I'm usually the opposite. Are you using it as a boost?
Its actually a boost with a 1 knob compressor tacked on. Still experimenting with it since I've only had it for a week.

The drummer for a band that I recently performed with uses a drum rig consisting of a kick, a snare on top of that, and a couple cymbals. He then uses various shakers, brushes, sticks, etc... but he stands the whole time.

10473398_352861254870971_4091482455807587598_n.jpg

10403947_352860718204358_5411968659356600636_o.jpg

Mark, aren't your shoes bigger than that whole board?

Sent from my VK810 4G using Tapatalk
Pretty much :embarrassed:

It is hard to fathom that you are using this small of a board...

Well, The majority of what I need are different drive sounds. I REALLY missed having the Mobius for a few songs and the wah I only use for a couple of songs. I discovered that if I put the Harlow in front of the Sparkle Drive MOD it does pretty much what the Wampler Pinnacle does and the compressor on the Harlow gives me close enough to what I get out of the Wampler Ego. This combination of pedals really works more that you would think and the Harlow thins things out just enough that I don't miss having a strat neck pickup as much for certain sounds.

Pretty much :embarrassed:

Well, The majority of what I need are different drive sounds. I REALLY missed having the Mobius for a few songs and the wah I only use for a couple of songs. I discovered that if I put the Harlow in front of the Sparkle Drive MOD it does pretty much what the Wampler Pinnacle does and the compressor on the Harlow gives me close enough to what I get out of the Wampler Ego. This combination of pedals really works more that you would think and the Harlow thins things out just enough that I don't miss having a strat neck pickup as much for certain sounds.

Interesting...

However you are more daring to try things than I am.

Interesting...

However you are more daring to try things than I am.

Well, I knew that the gig was low intensity and that if we had more than 20 people in the room for a Thursday 10-1am gig I'd be lucky. Plus its gigs like this that let me try stuff I wouldn't do for something more important. Being able to experiment onstage gave me some good insight on how to use this stuff when I put my big rig back together.

Well, I knew that the gig was low intensity and that if we had more than 20 people in the room for a Thursday 10-1am gig I'd be lucky. Plus its gigs like this that let me try stuff I wouldn't do for something more important. Being able to experiment onstage gave me some good insight on how to use this stuff when I put my big rig back together.

Gotcha...did not realize that it was a downsize type gig. In fact I am doing a pickup gig tomorrow night and was planning to use my GP board when I realized that 'Born on the Bayou' has the Tremolo/Vibrato sound. So it is the Country/Blues/Rock board for tomorrow night. After all it would be the better choice.

Back