Plantar Fasciitis sucks

Jbird

Kick Henry Jackassowski
Doesn't help that at work they keep giving me jobs where I have to walk all night, when my dept. has jobs that are sit-down jobs too.

Odd thing is, it's in my left foot. I would've thought Fasciitis would be on the right side… :rim:

R.A. Dickey played his entire Cy Young Award winning season with plantar fasciitis. But he only pitched once every 5 days. Take the time to rehab.

I've been doing the rolling a bottle of ice thing, and the stretches.

I looked it up on wiki, mine seems a bit different, maybe my doctor was wrong?

Wiki says it's worse when you first get up, or have been sitting a while, and gets better with walking. Mine feels ok at first, gets worse with standing and walking.

So by the time I'm leaving work I'm limping pretty heavily :(

Doc said I had it. I got a cortisone shot in heel-don't know if it was for that but the podiatrist said I had more symptoms than PF. Shot did wonders. Then I got custom orthotics and my feet have been great since

Last edited:
Yeah, I might have to get some inserts. The doc said to do the frozen bottle thing and the stretches first, before she sends me to the foot doctor.

I also have Morton's Neuroma in that foot too. Cortizone shots didn't help at all with that. And they won't operate on it unless my toes start losing feeling, which they haven't, yet. And I've had Morton's Neuroma for about 20+ years now. Kinda sucks they won't do anything for it.

U had it pretty bad when I was gigging a lot because I wore Doc Martens. As soon as I bought shoes with proper arch support and quit spending 4 nights a week on my feet in bad shoes it went away. Losing weight also helped in my situation but you're not a big guy.

I assume you have good shoes to work in? Another thing to look at if it is plantar is the Strassburg Sock. It has been a help to several of my friends who had PF. Another thing you can do is have the doc write something for your work so that you might be able to get some sit down jobs for a few nights a week. I had a minor case of PF a couple years ago. It had the normal symptoms (hurt the most in the morning and when getting up from sitting. It took about a year to fade away completely.

PF pain mojo. That has to suck.

+1 on the above advice on good shoes and inserts.

My wife had it for quite a while. She was sold all kinds of overpriced orthotics and boots and shit that didnt work for her. Her only relief came from wearing high heels.

She finally found a new foot doctor and told him "I'm not buying anymore crap. You fix it right or I'm leaving now." She scheduled the surgeries and recovered fine and hasn't had trouble in years.

I had problems with it for years. Then I started stretching my feet on a regular basis. The problem went away and I haven't had problems for at least 10 years. Shoes with proper arch support help too.

Sounds yucky, I hope I can avoid it. I have had some other minor foot issues at times from jogging, but thankfully these days my feet are pain-free. *knocks on wood*

I bought some over-the-counter inserts designed for Plantar Fasciitis. I can already feel the difference :thu:

Still doing the frozen bottle thing and some of the stretches.

Back