The current state of my pedalboard

GilmourD

Eater of Worlds
Staff member
Because it's changed like 8 times in the past two weeks.

That's why the cabling is a mess.
701cec83baf1aa927e58cda1a9e9ed47.jpg

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

you can fit another 5 pedals on that thing. :embarrassed:
Well, I'm still (STILL!!!) building the Phase 90 and violet ram's head BMP. LOL

We'll see what other pedals end up on it. I removed the Line6 RotoMachine when it wasn't playing nice with the Pinnacle. I swapped the metal distortion (I forget the name off the top of my head) back into it and put that after the wah, but I haven't been finding use for it.

I might put the MXR 10-band EQ back on, but the PITA with that is the 18V power supply since everything else is powered by a OneSpot.

I have a BBE American Metal that's a bit less buzzsaw than the Line6 one and might fit in with what I'm doing now better, but we'll see.

As far as dirt otherwise, I'm pretty much covered. The two ODs are set differently as you can see and the Pinnacle makes anything I play through sound like a flaming Marshall half stack after light tweaking. Then I do have my faux-Marshall half stack (Bugera 1960 Infinium --> Jet City Jettenuator --> Peavey 412MS). Full tilt the thing distorts like a mofo and the Jettenuator keeps it usable. I've mostly had it set fairly clean, lately, to futz with pedals, but not at gig volume since the landlord's 1-year-old upstairs might not like that. LOL

So, lemme ask you guys this... Is the order of my pedals causing any of you aneurisms?

ModTone Tuner --> Stage 3 Boost --> heavily modified Vox V847 --> MXR Uni-Vibe --> MXR Classic OD (modded with GT/ZW switch up top) --> MXR Classic OD (set to ZW) --> Wampler Pinnacle Deluxe --> Joyo chorus --> TCE Flashback X4

I'd probably try the UV after the chorus, but that's just me.
Yeah, I was thinking that. I put it where I did because Hendrix had has after his fuzz but it was regally the amp distorting for the most part, so I was treating the Pinnacle as an amp in that regard.

Yeah, I was thinking that. I put it where I did because Hendrix had has after his fuzz but it was regally the amp distorting for the most part, so I was treating the Pinnacle as an amp in that regard.

I've never looked into it, but how did Hendrix set up his fuzz? I was always under the impression it was full up, running into a Marshall also running full tilt.

I've never looked into it, but how did Hendrix set up his fuzz? I was always under the impression it was full up, running into a Marshall also running full tilt.
I was always under the impression that he had the volume up and the fuzz down to drive the amp.

I feel like I'm missing something, besides the Phase 90 and Muff that I need to finish building... But I can't think of anything else. LOL

Sent from my VK810 4G using Tapatalk

I'd probably try the UV after the chorus, but that's just me.
So, I moved it after the chorus tonight but I'm going to move it back. After OD and distortion makes it sound thin and raspy. Before it was nice and fat. I seem to find a lot of people on the net saying the same. I'm also going to move my phase pre-dirt since that should make it a bit more subtle. Sounds great in front of a raging Plexi, but it's very in-your-face after dirt into a clean amp.

One arrived yesterday. I have one incoming today, one is getting shipped out to me today and one more I am still waiting on. I won one of the pedals from the Auctions for Andy on Reverb and still have no shipping info. Julie said she contacted the pedal builder and he hasn't sent her any tracking info.

I won one of the pedals from the Auctions for Andy on Reverb and still have no shipping info. Julie said she contacted the pedal builder and he hasn't sent her any tracking info.
that's pretty fucking weak.

I should be getting my newest today, though I may need to get an engineering degree to figure out how it works.

that's pretty fucking weak.

I should be getting my newest today, though I may need to get an engineering degree to figure out how it works.

Yeah, I don't want to be a dick about it, but this Sunday it will have been 2 weeks since I won and paid. I just want an update.

On a side note, my brother in law is here and he tired out my Afterneath last night. He is by far the best guitar player I have ever payed with and he is on the Edge's level when it comes to knowing how to use effects. The shit he was doing with it and the Echorec last night was pretty crazy. I hope when he gets back to CA, he picks one up and does some recordings.

Yeah, I don't want to be a dick about it, but this Sunday it will have been 2 weeks since I won and paid. I just want an update.

On a side note, my brother in law is here and he tired out my Afterneath last night. He is by far the best guitar player I have ever payed with and he is on the Edge's level when it comes to knowing how to use effects. The shit he was doing with it and the Echorec last night was pretty crazy. I hope when he gets back to CA, he picks one up and does some recordings.
:thu:

I've been using it with a little delay to create some seemingly never-ending swirly effects. (spoiler alert: they eventually did end)

Order changed, made room for future (way future) Line6 Relay G50, and the wah is now powered by the OneSpot (after the battery died on me at rehearsal) after a bit of drilling. :quag:

I'm going to see if it lasts a while like this. If it does I'll zip tie up some floppy wires.

Back