Most Redneck Moment

Well, son, let me tell y'all a little sumthin bout rednecks. You see, our necks ere red for a reason...that's cause we work for a livin and that sun gets mighty hot a-bearin down on the back of yer neck there. It gets red, you see.
Now, cause we work hard, we play hard. Y'all city folk may not like the way we play in the mud and all and think we gets too rowdy but I don't remember any of us askin for your permission. So fuck off.

I used to own a lifted Chevy 3/4 ton 4x4. But wasn't really a redneck thing, it was more a haul my dune buggy to the desert thing. :embarrassed:

I have so many "redneck" moments anymore, it is tough to pick just one example.....

Redneck moments with a northern slant, though.......A snowstorm was coming last year, and I went to the Tractor Supply store in my long-johns to get some firewood, then stopped by the local general store to pick up beer.

And I didn't even care.

My father was a Cajun sharecropper from Cottonport, LA. A true redneck in the original meaning of the word. I was raised in a white, blue-collar area of Baltimore, where most folks would meet the current definition of redneck. I didn't fit in that world, but my roots are there.

I can imagine my father's reaction to my having eaten tofu jumbalya. :rolleyes:

Reactions: Tig
I had plenty of redneck friends while growing up. It's kinda' hard to avoid in this part of the world. My recently passed away grand father grew up on a farm but transitioned to the city like most did in those days.
15421701168_498cf9cb62_z.jpg

15421701158_95b3dafb70_z.jpg

Looks like he returned to the farm occasionally:
15421701118_213df8ac9a_z.jpg

My most, or better said, worst red neck moment happened one night when I was playing a shit kicker bar in Riverside Ca. I was doing Willie Nelsons "Mamas Don't Let Your Babies Grow Up to Be Cowboys". When I came to the verse that should have gone:

"Cowboys love smokey old pool halls and clear country mornings
And warm little puppies and children and girls of the night."

I got tongue twisted and actually sang:

"Cowboys love smokey old pool halls and clear country mornings
And warm little children and puppies and girls of the night.

The problem was that some drunk in the back of the room caught my screw up and hollered out, "hey T.J he's singin about you" and all Hell broke loose. I got out of the place alive but just barely.

Reactions: Tig
I have so many "redneck" moments anymore, it is tough to pick just one example.....

Redneck moments with a northern slant, though.......A snowstorm was coming last year, and I went to the Tractor Supply store in my long-johns to get some firewood, then stopped by the local general store to pick up beer.

And I didn't even care.

Tractor Supply? To a real redneck, Tractor Supply is the line of junk equipment on the back 40.

Back