Bedroom Bass Amps?

altoidman

aka McCartyman
What are some decent sounding tiny bass amps (I assume combos) that I can use at home and maybe take out for a low volume blues jam type gig? I only know about SVT's :grin:

If you can find one Vox T-15. It's a nice little around the house practice amp. They are rare though. It's big brother the T-25 is easier to come by and with a little more power you can find other places to use it besides home. Either one should cost less than $100.

I was very happy with the Ampeg BA-108 as a practice amp.It will run you $100 new.
The BA-110 is 35w and goes for $180 new.

Honestly, just use your guitar amp unless you plan on gigging. I have used my Kustom Defender 50 watt guitar amp with my bass at a jam before. It was me a drummer and another guitar player. I went back and forth from bass to guitar and it was plenty loud enough even with a hard hitting drummer. It actually kept up better than an Ampeg combo I had years ago.

Unless you want to drop some cash, then I would go with one of the GK Neo combos. They are super light and sound pretty good.

You can find a used Acoustic B20 1x12 for under $90. I love mine. The 4 band EQ is nice and it gets plenty loud for home and low level needs.
DV016_Jpg_Large_481622_R.jpg

For new, their B15 1x10 is also a good choice for $109.

You can find a used Acoustic B20 1x12 for under $90. I love mine. The 4 band EQ is nice and it gets plenty loud for home and low level needs.
DV016_Jpg_Large_481622_R.jpg

For new, their B15 1x10 is also a good choice for $109.

A couple of years ago, I was trying out basses at GC and I used one of the acoustic combos and they really sounded good. I was surprised because they were so cheap.

Those little $100 Ampegs sound awesome and are perfect for home practice.
Not enough amp to use playing out tho, unless it's a super low vol no drummer type gig.

TC Electronic.

Their entire line can work at bedroom volume, or power a larger cab.

I run my bass direct to the board and/or into a powered 15" 2way.

I have a Peavey Minx that is ONLY really viable as a bedroom amp. You can find these used for < $100

peavey-minx-110-121001.jpg

The 8" and 10" Ampegs are great—I have the 10. They also make great SS guitar amps, too. They do have a hell of a personality to the sound—warm and dark. The Acoustic amps have a more neutral tone. The Ampegs have an effects loop, which makes them very popular with SVT players because you can stick a Tech-21 VT Bass pedal (or the $35 Behringer clone) in the effects loop and lose the preamp tone/

I just inherited a Fender Rumble 60. I have yet to try it out, but it's a nice size. Good and lightweight. But I don't know, I might fire it up tonight only to find that it sounds like a well-executed beer fart (to quote Michael Anthony).

I just found a SWR LA series 30w mini combo. $30. Sounds pretty good. I also use it for keyboard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back