Dig it! Dumble History & Overdrive Supreme (ODS) by Andy FUCHS

Funny how this sounds good with Andy but when I heard it with Dumble himself, his sounded like crap.

It's so ironic that the guy labeled "The Tone King" brings us all of these various amps with different sounds, but any time I've heard him actually plug in to any amp, it's kinda cringe inducing at times.

Perhaps he should have named himself "The Tone Hunter" because "King" implies that he's found it and is sitting on his throne of sound. :tongue:

jerk-n-off.gif

Yeah -- I sorta' kinda' understand folks spending thousands of dollars on a guitar. I mean, wood has to be selected, shaped, fitted, finished, etc. -- it's rather an art form. However, soldering a bunch of electronic components into a breadpan and bolting it to a tolex-covered plywood box does not qualify as art in my lexicon.

MaguireSucker.jpg

Yeah -- I sorta' kinda' understand folks spending thousands of dollars on a guitar. I mean, wood has to be selected, shaped, fitted, finished, etc. -- it's rather an art form. However, soldering a bunch of electronic components into a breadpan and bolting it to a tolex-covered plywood box does not qualify as art in my lexicon.

MaguireSucker.jpg

Wow

Yeah, I'm with realtree here. Shaping tone is an artform. What may look like slapping a bunch of electronic components in a metal box takes a lot of understanding of minutae. Like how does the slope resistor effect the response of the tone stack? How does a metal film resistor sound compared to a carbon comp resistor with the same value in the same position? How does it all sound mixed together? It's like painting with different types of paints for different effects.

Sent from my VK810 4G using Tapatalk

MaguireSucker.jpg

Not that it has any bearing on this thread, but I've actually read that book...

sucker_bait.jpg

I like Andy and have spoke with him before, it's amazing how he's hailed..... But Nik at Ceriatone doesn't get his respect...... And they've both kinda done the same thing....... Just saying

Not taking anything away from Ceriatone, I am sure they are great, but I see a lot more famous musicians using Fuchs. doesn't mean one is better than the other but maybe a reason why Andy gets more attention.

Not taking anything away from Ceriatone, I am sure they are great, but I see a lot more famous musicians using Fuchs. doesn't mean one is better than the other but maybe a reason why Andy gets more attention.

Not disagreeing there. Andy has taken a dumble and dissected it massaged it rehashed it in a few ways and he's a great friendly guy that people like so it was bound to succeed.

Were as Nik has basically dissected every popular amp out there and figured out what works for him..... And he's not bragging how much better he's made those Amps... I'm some cases he has really improved circuits.... How about the lunchbox ots 20 watter or the Yeti.... I think he's every bit the genius

It's so ironic that the guy labeled "The Tone King" brings us all of these various amps with different sounds, but any time I've heard him actually plug in to any amp, it's kinda cringe inducing at times.

Perhaps he should have named himself "The Tone Hunter" because "King" implies that he's found it and is sitting on his throne of sound. :tongue:

I would agree on his playing (he's better than me, though) but I think he's been taking lessons. I watched a couple of his recent videos a week or so ago, and his playing was much better. Right on the edge between cringe inducing and not half-bad.

They were actually watchable, and he did a couple of different styles, instead of playing the same chords over and over.

Back