Rick Toone T2 – Remix

Mark Wein

Grand Poobah
Staff member
Rick Toone T2 – Remix

http://www.destroyallguitars.com/component/hikashop/item/853-rick-toone-t2-remix

$8,000.00

item is in stock

DESCRIPTION:
"This guitar is extraordinary. One of the finest guitars I've built, or even seen. Whoever takes her home is in for a night of surprises, and probably no sleep. I'll predict this affair will become long-term. Warn your wife or girlfriend (txt message is perfectly fine)." - Rick Toone

This guitar is made of partly chambered swamp ash with a nitro-thin modern poly sunburst finish. The body outline is identical to a Tele with the exception of the tail which is shaped to hold the patented tuning mechanism. Feels and balances like a Tele but without the 'headstock dive' of a conventional neck.

The anodized aircraft aluminum neck is precision CNC machined in Texas, along with all of the other components Rick designed. Scale length: 24.625" treble vs. 25.625" bass...essentially a Les Paul mixed with a Strat. You get easy string bends combined with twang and tight bass on the lows. Stainless steel frets.

The pickups were custom designed by DiMarzio's Steve Blucher specifically for Rick Toone. They were developed for a period of almost two years to refine the tonality. Combined with 5-way switching, the guitar will go from PAF neck to Tele bridge with Strat sounds in between...but all of those classic tones 'hyper-real' and more powerful, capable of overdriving the front end of an amp.

TOONE & TOWNSEND TUNING SYSTEM
This guitar has the precision engineered and machined TOONE & TOWNSEND patented tuning system which provides exceptional intonation accuracy and pitch control. Bearing bronze, brass, stainless steel, wing-spar alumimum...the finest guitar component set available on the planet!

Rick personally hand built this instrument. It was completed and tested 9/16/2014.

PRICING INFO:
- $8,000.00

So many good ideas all packed into one monstrosity of a guitar.

If you're going for innovation, dont use a tradition design cop0

It certainly looks interesting. But I just don’t need most of those innovations.

OMG.

+1 for imagination.

-1,000,000 for actually seeing it through.

I may have nightmares for days after trying to wrap my mind around it.

the-homer-inline4.jpg

I appreciate it.

But it intimidates me.

I imagine trying to play it and it burns my fingers. Then a deep voice intones, "YOUR IMPERFECT FINGERS ARE NOT WORTHY. YOU WILL DESTROY THE PERFECT INTONATION OF THIS INSTRUMENT."

Then it leaves town with my wife.

I know it isn't going to be a popular opinion, but I fucking LOVE that guitar. Price is crazy high, but I still want it.

Back