The official SKYRIM thread!

I'm recovering from surgery right now so I have a lot of time for books and games. I went back to a character I started last year and I've found an annoyance that I completely forgot about. I like to play 3rd person and my guy is a hulking sword and board type. Now that he's in dwarven armor he takes up too much of the screen :-D

I'm trying real hard not to do any crazy exploits this time, just playing through the story lines. It's hard though :)

For the very first time ever I'm attempting to do all that there is to do in one playthrough. White haired armed guard female named Orroro. :embarrassed:. Currently at Level 72 and kicking major ass. I posted them n Facebook a few days ago, but I also managed to jump off the map and walk half the way to Morrowind before it became to glitchy to keep going. I'll snag them for here later. :grin:

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ok, I'm about to get pissed off here... I've been playing Skyrim on a basic Xbox 360 slim, no hard drive and 4G ram. The load screens are infuriating so I got a hard drive, loaded the game to it, now it doesn't see any of my saved content. Xbox home shows all of my achievements, but doesn't recognize any of it when the game starts.

... any suggestions?

DANCING-banana

Man, that one quest is hella long to get to vampire lord. Do you collect all the paragons?

No, I'm on the quest to fill the Bloodstone Chalice right now. I Hadvar leveled to 10, then joined the Thieves Guild to boost my pick pocketing and lock picking and get the gold for the Falkreath house. Been hoarding enchanting, alchemy, and smithing ingredients, but the majority of skill gains in those have been from paying trainers, then pick pocketing it back.

I've been roaming around the woods at night killing bandit camps as a vampire, us the occasional Storm or Imp group I come across. I have NOT gone to Bleak Falls Barrow, so no random dragon attacks is nice, plus it doesn't spawn the Dragonborn Cultists. I never really dug into Vampire Lord, so I try to spend as much time in that form killing shit as I can... I used it at Goldenglow Estates and just killing Mercs I picked up three Vamp a Skill Points

I bought this about a month ago on Steam, with all the expansion packs. I knew I was going to have some downtime at home from a little minor surgery, so I figured I would need a video game to play. I'm running under windows 7 on my powerbook. Frame rates and such are good. Anyway, the game is electronic crack cocaine. I spent a solid 10 days playing it non-stop, then another 3 weeks playing it on and off. I think I am now a level 54 Nord fighter. I am at 100 in Two Handed, Heavy Armor, Speech, and Smithing, and pretty close to that in Enchanting, One Handed, and Lockpicking. Really a great, immersive game.

Anyone want to explain the whole 'make skill legendary' thing to me? I crafted legendary Daedric armor already, and I'm just trying to get my enchanting a little better to make it an awesome set with some magic bonuses, so after I do that and the same for my weapons, I can make these legendary and then use those points elsewhere, right? Not much point to craft/enchant once you maxed out all your gear (armor, weapons, rings, pendants, etc). It seems nuts to make two handed or heavy armor legendary, as I need those all the time. Is that logical?

I bought this about a month ago on Steam, with all the expansion packs. I knew I was going to have some downtime at home from a little minor surgery, so I figured I would need a video game to play. I'm running under windows 7 on my powerbook. Frame rates and such are good. Anyway, the game is electronic crack cocaine. I spent a solid 10 days playing it non-stop, then another 3 weeks playing it on and off. I think I am now a level 54 Nord fighter. I am at 100 in Two Handed, Heavy Armor, Speech, and Smithing, and pretty close to that in Enchanting, One Handed, and Lockpicking. Really a great, immersive game.

Anyone want to explain the whole 'make skill legendary' thing to me? I crafted legendary Daedric armor already, and I'm just trying to get my enchanting a little better to make it an awesome set with some magic bonuses, so after I do that and the same for my weapons, I can make these legendary and then use those points elsewhere, right? Not much point to craft/enchant once you maxed out all your gear (armor, weapons, rings, pendants, etc). It seems nuts to make two handed or heavy armor legendary, as I need those all the time. Is that logical?

I actually redo two handed and heavy armor sometimes so I can focus on skills I didn't work on earlier in the game. For instance, before tagging Smithing legendary, I'd craft a nice one handed weapon, a shield, and light armor, plus a bow. Now you can make two handed and heavy armor legendary, giving you a chance to try out other weapon sets or get a different play style with one character. It also useful for making a ton of money early in the game, the reassigning those perks to more useful combat skills.

Currently Level 35.

The legendary feature means that Level is now unlimited, whereas before it was capped at 81.5. When you reach 100, you can make a skill legendary, drop to 15, and then earn more perks and advance higher. Even though you drop down in that ability, your overall level does not change, meaning the sky's the limit. I have one guy that's level 200.

And if you wanna go crazy, check YouTube vids on the fortify restoration exploit. It's an exploit, not a glitch, so it can't be patched and will always work.

And if you wanna go crazy, check YouTube vids on the fortify restoration exploit. It's an exploit, not a glitch, so it can't be patched and will always work.

Yeah, I did that one character and it was truly ridiculous. At one point I had six figure health, stamina, and magicka bars. :grin:

image.jpg

image.jpg

i'm currently debating what to use that Oghma Infinium to boost. I'm OK for combat skills, and I use them a lot, so it seems using it to boost magic, my weakest area, seems to most logical. I also am pretty high in the thieving traits.

i'm currently debating what to use that Oghma Infinium to boost. I'm OK for combat skills, and I use them a lot, so it seems using it to boost magic, my weakest area, seems to most logical. I also am pretty high in the thieving traits.
I always boost what I don't typically use...

Back