The EHX Turnip Greens

It's kinda neat now that I've been listening to the video although I wish they had a clean boost that was more transparent than the Soul Food.

Makes sense to me. If I ever get back around to playing with my amp I’ll probable buy this.

It's kinda neat now that I've been listening to the video although I wish they had a clean boost that was more transparent than the Soul Food.
That could likely be done to the Soul Food with the addition of a switch to take the clipping diodes out of the signal path.

I added one to my Silver Pony, but with three options. Now I've got the option of switching between the germanium diodes, no diodes (super clean boost), and a set of sockets in which I can swap in diodes until I find what I like.

About this Turnip Greens, they went to a lot of trouble to put two pedals in one box and then make it so that you can treat each circuit as a separate pedal with the order switching and effects loop. I guess it saves a bit of space, a power connector and some patch cable, but otherwise it only makes sense if you don't have either of these types of pedals already.

It's still cool, but I guess I was waiting for the "Here's why they work so well in one box" moment and it never came.

That would be really cool with an amp like my Excelsior. The loop would even let me drop the Timeline in.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'll be honest, I don't get it. I could buy a Soul Food and a reverb pedal and put whatever I want in the middle. Why do I need this?

But then, asking "why do I need this" regarding EHX products is an exercise in futility. :lol:

I'll be honest, I don't get it. I could buy a Soul Food and a reverb pedal and put whatever I want in the middle. Why do I need this?

But then, asking "why do I need this" regarding EHX products is an exercise in futility. :lol:
I think there is something neat to me to have one device that does a couple of things like this to throw in my gig bag so that I don't need my full rig without buying some digital multiFX POS. This just isn't the right combination of stuff for me.

I think there is something neat to me to have one device that does a couple of things like this to throw in my gig bag so that I don't need my full rig without buying some digital multiFX POS. This just isn't the right combination of stuff for me.

This is why they make clipboards. :grin:

I agree. This doesn't make any sense to me.

On that note, I wish EHX would just do one of those effects boards that some of the boutique makers sell. That way I could just use two cables, one AC adapter, and put the entire thing where the kids can’t reach it after I dial it in. EHX is big enough that they could even do more than one of these: the blues board, the indie rock board, the stoner/doom board, and the bass board.

Back