KURT COBAIN ROAD WORN® JAGUAR®

Mark Wein

Grand Poobah
Staff member
http://www.fender.com/guitars/jagua...jaguar-rosewood-fingerboard-3-color-sunburst/

f9f9cc2d017d52e9db3f650dec1d0a50.png

MORE ABOUT KURT COBAIN ROAD WORN® JAGUAR®

One of Fender's most distinctive signature models ever is the Kurt Cobain Jaguar® guitar –meticulously modeled on the battered and highly unusual 1965 Jaguar that Cobain wielded during the heady early-'90s era when Nirvana ruled rock and led a musically stunning and culturally subversive movement.

Fender craftsmen have reproduced Cobain's battle-hardened Left-Handed Jaguar down to the last unusual detail, including its worn finish, dual humbucking pickups and unique electronics and controls (which were already in place when Kurt acquired the guitar in summer 1991).

Unique features include an alder body with Road Worn® aged finish and hardware treatment, bound fingerboard with pearloid dot markers, Stratocaster® headstock shape with 1950s-style "spaghetti" logo, DiMarzio® humbucking DP103 PAF 36th Anniversary neck pickup and DP100 Super Distortion bridge pickup, triple knurled "chrome-dome" knob configuration (volume-volume-tone), three-position toggle switch, black chrome Adjusto-Matic™ bridge and Gotoh® sealed tuners. Available in right- and left-handed versions.

Accessories include a black textured vinyl hard-shell case and an exclusive Fender Kurt Cobain book with photos and commentary by Charles Peterson and an insightful interview with Nirvana guitar tech Earnie Bailey.

I'd probably like playing it but can live without it being a signature model and real-licked.

Last edited:
Wouldn't get it for the fact it is Kurt Cobain related. Cannot stand that guy. I normally never speak ill of the deceased but I cant stand anything related to him. Do love Jaguars though.

I love that the body is "road worn" but the neck looks brand new.
That is the problem I have with most relic guitars. The body is beat, but the neck and headstock are pristine. If you are going to relic a guitar, be consistent.

Not bad. I'm only starting to grow into an appreciation for Nirvana, but it wouldn't matter because I don't play their songs or that kind of music. Only guitar nerds would know it was a Cobain sig that I was playing rock/blues stuff on. On my best days they think I was shitty (and I mean real shitty) Nels before they'd hear anything that made them think of Kurt.

Back