Mojo Request For a friend...

speakerjones

my hat is all
A good friend of mine, my father's best friend, lost his house and two dogs in a fire today. He was on his property working, and saw the smoke, too late. By the time he got to the house, it was already in flames. His wife and three kids weren't there. The dogs were inside though.

I don't normally share stuff of a personal nature on here, but for some reason this is really messing with my head. These people are really some of the sweetest folk you could imagine, and they can't seem to catch a break. In the past year and a half, my friend was in a pretty serious car wreck with his son in the car, in which they both got pretty beat up. Then, he lost his best friend (my dad) in a motorcycle accident. Now this.

Incidentally, this is the house I lived in throughout my teens. It's where I lost my virginity. We threw epic parties there. We were actually going to have a big party there in a few weeks in my dad's honor. So many good memories.

I went over there as soon as I heard. I tried to be comforting, and offered what support I could. They mostly seemed in a daze, still in shock. The kids were with other family, so I didn't get to see them. I understand they were pretty devastated by the loss of the dogs. I'm feeling a crazy mix of emotions. Mostly though, I just wish my dad was here.

056f205b3c769bd1d5bc3888a0aba7b4.jpg

I'm so very sorry to hear about this. Prayers and mojo to the family. That is rough.

Oh no. Serious mojo sent to your friend and his family. I can't imagine losing Gins... :(

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

A tragic loss. That house has plenty of emotional connections. Hang in there for yourself as well as your friend.
The one thing to focus on is that no one was hurt or died because of it.

Mojo. I can't imagine the sense of loss.

Hopefully they can focus on how fortunate they were that the family was not home, and bounce back.

Back