Another Boss GT8

fused

Improvisationalist
I use a Boss GT8 for everything. All of my guitars sound great through it. Set the para EQ to 400hz to warm it up and built patches from there. Love this thing...

And now that I'm doing a few outside bonfire, party, solo kind a gigs once in a while... I wanted to get a second set of gear just dedicated to that. Don't like yanking stuff out of the studio for this... So now I can just load up and go, not touch the studio.

I tried some cheap RP digitech stuff, tried a few things at the local, the GT10 and 100 would be ok but somethings different...not enough to move forward with these...
Plus I have the patches setup, I can just midi the two together and move over the good stuff....

So on EBay, (been watching for a while) one showed up. Claims not used much,buy it now $160 plus $30 shipping...
Watched a few others going way above this... Once the bidding starts, it can get out of control.

Its on the way to fused studios :)

Those are nice units! I do have a Digitech model, but it is an older GNX2000 and it is way better than even their better newer technology.

Those are nice units! I do have a Digitech model, but it is an older GNX2000 and it is way better than even their better newer technology.

Yeah I also have/had the GNX3000... Its on loan to a friend, maybe permanently. Did some earlier recordings with it, was fine.
But the contacts started acting up. Opened it up and it has these strang rubber kind a blocks that somehow act as switches.
Sprayed the down and cleaned them with some WD and they cleared up. But then I got my first GT8...and well, never looked back.

fused, I have a GT-3 and a GT-6. There are a few things that I still like about the GT-3 (love the Detuned preset), like the ease of use. The GT-6 I am still wrestling with. It's so much more tweakable that finding exactly what I want in a preset can get a little frustrating. I find myself going back and forth between the GT-6 and just stomp boxes. I guess the other reason I keep going back and forth is that I'm not sold on Boss pedals for everything. For instance, I much prefer the Voodoo Lab Sparkle Drive for my overdrive sound, and the Voodoo Lab Analog Chorus. I just can't seem to get close enough to those sounds with the GT-6.

Of course, I'm the hobbiest, and you're the guy with all the experience, so you inspire me to keep trying.

Back