2004 Les Paul Standard

There's a little music store in Ripley WV that had a Latte Creme LP on consignment a few months ago. I think the guy wanted something like $1500 for it. I actually thought it looked pretty cool.

I was tempted by it, until I saw that the idiot who owned it previously had taken a dremel or something and destroyed the binding along the treble side of the fretboard.

:markfacepalm:

:mad: :mad: :mad:

Speaking of, the guitar came out to play on my session yesterday:

1780723_10152321893627425_1558952549_n.jpg

1920286_10152321736682425_933739727_n.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 78
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 78
Last edited:
I've played this Les Paul, and I agree it is much better than your average LP Std. It's got the feel and sound of a good Historic Les Paul IMO.

Ugly though it might be - It's kind of become associated with you (don't take that wrong!)- I saw one in a store once and went "Hey! It's a Mark Wein model!" Everyone looked at me like "Who's that?" I'm like "Shut up, let me try it out". The one I tried didn't have the magic but it's definetely a weird color for Gibson. No problem. Like you said "I don't play a color!" Best deal on a standard I've heard of in a while.

I've only seen one other one in person and it was not that special either. I think I just lucked into a particularly good one.

Actually this guitar has never been for sale. I do have a couple of Suhrs for sale though :)

Good thing because I would actually have to figure out a way to acquire it. It plays similar to mine.

Wonder what it would cost to have it repainted :tongue:

When I fell in love with PRS' s SAS, I was playing a booger burst awful looking guitar, but one of the best feeling guitars I have played. Glad I found one a grand cheaper in black.

Back